Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue May 10, 2005 2:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Are you ready for some classic gameplay? Isometric view, comic book hero, rpg action is coming your way this fall. And it will be online! X-Men Legends 2 will feature full 4 player online support via GameSpy for the Playstation 2. The game will feature a total of sixteen available characters to choose from spanning both the X-Men and The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Confirmed playable characters so far include: Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Bishop, Juggernaut and Nightcrawler. The game will sport over 100 enemies to combat along with more available powers as well. The only thing known about the online play so far is that it has an access point setup, similar to PSO. Like in Phantasy Star Online the game will have a central access point like Pioneer 2. Basically you travel back to an HQ and then online players can join your game.

For anyone looking for something new and fresh to add to their PS2 online library. This game is it! It has basically everything one could ask for. Online co-op, rpg elements, realtime action gameplay, tried and true characters, and a game perspective that hails back to many games from the Genesis and SNES. I only bring this up because very few new intellectual properties get developed in a horizontal or top down perspective besides RTS or puzzle games.

X-Men Legends 2 will hit the PS2 this coming fall 2005.

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
rank 39
Posted:
Tue May 10, 2005 8:07 pm
quote : #2
i bet this will feel a lil like champions of norrath online... I played the first one with 4 ppl at a friends house, It was pretty cool
Posted:
Wed May 11, 2005 10:38 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nice, looks very interesting.

Hooligan 77
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 11:27 am
quote : #4
Twisted Evil
I will be buying this game at launch. I wanted this online when the first one came out.

My user name is myspace/hooligan_77 on Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.