Hooligan 77
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 02, 2005 11:18 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
snipersnake wrote:
sorry man..dc still ROCKS..i enjoy it MORE than my xbox

I play my DC more then my Xbox also. My Xbox is collecting dust when it comes to online gaming. Sorry man...PS2 online is better though in my personal opinion.

My user name is myspace/hooligan_77 on Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon May 02, 2005 11:30 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
I do not think it is possible to surf the net with the Auto Modellista web browser. Also trying to track down that disc for the EU startup would be really really hard.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 02, 2005 12:15 pm
quote : #18
lordnikon wrote:
I do not think it is possible to surf the net with the Auto Modellista web browser. Also trying to track down that disc for the EU startup would be really really hard.

Thats what I was startin to think.
I have had no luck finding that disc.I think I am just going to mod my PS2 with a chip that has a web broswer.

Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 1:01 am
quote : #19
The only thing i can say about PS2 online is that its easier to get online, as far as which is better...XBOX LIVE is way better.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 1:14 am
quote : #20
This thread is not about comparing game services guys, quit it.
rank 16
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 2:36 am
quote : #21
i just wonder if any future consoles will allow us to officially access the web, without hacks ect. the only reason i can think of that they wouldnt is perhaps exploit potential? i hear their doing all kinds ok hacks with the psp's 'iinadvertent' web browser on wipeout pure.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 am
quote : #22
I think you will not see true web browsing on the PS3 or Xbox2. Simply because they are trying to avoid their consoles being seen as PC's. They want them to be seen as "multi-media" centers. I can't say anything about Nintendo, they are so unpredictable.

The interesting thing was, with the Dreamcast the web browsing was still mostly game related when it came to how they implimented it. With a majority of their lineup including built in homepages, and SegaNet, Sega used the Dreamcast and web browsing to expand the online gaming experience of their console. They also used it as a method for downloadable content and alternate online interactivity. Seen in such games as Sega Swirl and Sega Marine Fishing using pop3 email protocols to create new ways of interacting.

Even if another company allows the usage of a browser on their next system, I still don't think they will impliment it as good as sega did with the Dreamcast. Instead they will try and market their systems as a media replacement for functions found on a PC, rather than an extension of the gaming experience.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu May 19, 2005 8:43 pm
quote : #23
snipersnake wrote:
sorry man..dc still ROCKS..i enjoy it MORE than my xbox

My Xbox is collecting dust.