Topic: Slimline PS2

Page 1 of 1
darkcmd
rank 2
Posted:
Fri May 20, 2005 4:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello, does anyone in here have them new Slimline PS2s? Are they any good, are there any issues? Also I have one more question, is the little redesigned PSone heavier than the Slimline PS2?

Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sat May 21, 2005 7:55 pm
quote : #2
I have a Ps2 Slim and it runs great, as far as the weight difference between the PSone and the PS2 Slim...the Slim i think is a little heavier. The Slim edition has the network connections built right in for both Dial-up and BroadBand which work great. The only thing about the system that bothers me some is the console getting a little too hot after about 20 minutes of use. It doesn't effect the games but it might sooner rather then later. I don't have this problem with my 3 year old Xbox or even my Sega Saturn.

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 22, 2005 10:45 am
quote : #3
I would get the slim line ps2 but after i have paid for the numerous add-ons for the original ps2 model i cant see myself investing the money over again for the same thing.
Posted:
Sun May 22, 2005 11:29 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
BluntWrapTexas wrote:
I would get the slim line ps2 but after i have paid for the numerous add-ons for the original ps2 model i cant see myself investing the money over again for the same thing.

I actually prefer the original model :] I think it looks much cooler.
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 22, 2005 2:52 pm
quote : #5
Cool
I like the old PS2 model. I also invested money in my console, with network adapter in all. If my PS2 burns out before the PS3 launches, I am not sure if Im gonna buy a used old model PS2 or a new slim model. Since I did invest in the network adapter, I feel if I bought the new slim model I would be losing money.

My user name is myspace/hooligan_77 on Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:16 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
My friend has one of the slimline ps2's and after an hour and a half you could roast a marsh mellow over the top of that thing it doesn't seem to have any coling fane of any kind which is strange because of how the older ps2 had a rather big one.