Page 2 of 2
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:31 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
lordnikon wrote:
Benchmark the game in various gameplay conditions. Most home connections cannot support hosting a 16 player game. That's just way too much. Try 8 player games, and try hosting yourself. If you can play a game with 6 players and no-lag. That will work for me. Most gamers tend to push their connections overboard, more than their 15-25 average kb/s upstream can support.

If anyone else rents the game report your findings.

I'm more than willing to accept the fact that the game can be a laggy horrible mess. I guess I just feel more testing is required before it has been given that verdict.

Lordnikon is right, just one trip through online gameplay shouldn't make the decision for the world, especially in a mildly negitive way. You shouldn't push the limits and expect so much out of a game at first to make a final decision of it, that can lead to a pre-judging swaying flaw for others that are greatly influenced by someones opinion on game purchases.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:05 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
It was laggy in a six-player game just as much as it was in a twelve-player game. Maybe we need to give this game some time for the servers to mature?

-Mytho
Posted:
Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:55 pm
quote : #18
hope theres a patch coming.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:07 pm
quote : #19
i heard the xbox version was alright... maybe after some more patches it will run ok..
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:32 pm
quote : #20
Just rented Project Snowblind as well. I find it rather similar to the budget-shooter Shogo. The graphics, audio, story, and set up are great. Online was also fun, lag was a small problem tho. (Cable connection) Anyway, I'll be on for some games this weekend. Cool
Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:00 pm
quote : #21
Excellent, glad to here that others are beginning to check out this awesome PS2 tile. I might be able to be up for some games this weekend if i can get my work out of the way. Other than that i hope you enjoy the game and its excellent online mode.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150