Topic: PS2 USB headset question

Page 1 of 1
rhade
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
My headset broke a few days ago, and looking at the new prices for the Sony PS2 headsets, Logotech, etc, I was wondering if ALL USB headsets would be compatable with the PS2? I have tried numerous online searches, but have found nothing that gives a list of what headsets are compatable. Any help on this would be great! Smile

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:44 pm
quote : #2
Yah the Socom and the new logitech headset work with the playstation 2. I would assume any usb headset would work tho... but dont quote me on it.
Posted:
Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:47 pm
quote : #3
im pretty sure all USB headsets will work
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:04 am
quote : #4
Thx for the replies guys. Is there someone I could email that could give me a more definative answer? I dont want to email Sony, because obviously they would want me to buy theirs, and I already emailed justdeals.com, which is a big seller in USB headsets. Justdeals said they didnt know either. I am surprised no one has touched on this subject before, GI, Gamepro, etc.

Posted Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:25 am:

Ok guys, here is the deal. The PS2 supports ONLY MONO, not Stereo. So, if you are looking for a headset and dont want to spend 40 bucks, look for a USB headset that supports only Mono, and it should be garaunteed to work on your PS2. After a few days on this subject, from surfing on the net, to calling up Logitech customer sales, I have finally found the answer. Hopes this helps anyone who has or will have this question. Very Happy