Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok, my ONLY gripe i have ever had with Project Snowblind has been a certain class: Agents

This class is a compilation of hacks in a sense. Basically everything that has been a hack or cheat in other games has been wrapped up into this player class. Your vision aug is one that lets you see in a 2 tone infared type view, and it lets you see through walls if a player is close to the wall. It's weapon loadout includes the RAIL laser, which when charged develops a one shot kill. not only this, it can shoot through walls. Finally its secondary fire shoots a giant spiralling blast of energy. These players throw grenades in both directions and launch the blast in close quarters.

If you are good you can get these guys, however they still dominate the game. Whats really disturbing is that you know they will never change characters for fear of losing.

The real problem that makes it annoying is, you don't get any feedback that your about to get killed with the laser. Basically you just keel over and die, and the screen goes red. You sort of see a white burst of light go by. In the end it can be really really really annoying.

How much skill goes it take to sit across the map, turn on a vision aug a la infared, and then take you out with a one shot kill weapon?

When these guys are in the game, open areas are like terror zones, and all the gun turrets are pretty much UNUSABLE. You are a sitting duck if you attempt to use a gun turret.

So now that you know what this char class is like, lemme get to the point. In the hosting options you can actually disable certain character classes. Way back when I first got the game I thought it was like, adjusting weapon loadout. But instead its classes. So that means you can strait up shut the Agent class off. AWSOME Razz

In many respects this also opens up new gameplay ideas. Having Grunts and Scouts only. Or all Bezerkers.

Me and lanz played a bit, cause I was verifying his clan entry and decided to create a game. It is totally nuts how different the gameplay was. No longer did I run out into the open for fear that someone was going to rail me. Usually I feel a need to KEEP MOVING all the time. Even shifting the analog around constantly. Because I never know if some rail junky is going to zap me from across the map. Now I was able to sneak around objects in an open courtyard, use gun turrets, and even use the snipers cloak function, and have it be effective!!! (Agents can still see cloaked snipers with their vision aug)

I know there are some NEW snowblind owners at OC lately. I just thought I would post this information. Because I can guarantee you will be playing a game and the Rail guys will end up frustrating you in some way. Some games....it is not so bad, and them being in the game isn't a real problem. Other times it just gets totally rediculious.

Check this out though. Notice how all these features are in ONE character. The Agents secondary weapon, an awsome hand pistol, is also the secondary weapon for the Heavy class. Which is cool because you can disable the Agent class and not lose anything in the process. You basically get rid of the vision aug and the rail laser. Completly balancing the game out. Razz