Hooligan 77
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Question
How is it going? It has been awhile since I last posted on these boards. Props to all the gamers and Nikon. I am posting this messaage because today I got a new patch to DL on SWBF online. After I down loaded it to my memory card I got a patch error message. What it basicaly comes down to is I can not get connected. I contacted "Yodas help Desk" at lucasarts.com. explaining to them my situation. I am just waiting to hear from them now.

So I got to ask, am I the only one having this problem? Any of you guys having trouble getting connected to SWBF on your PS2?

Last edited by Hooligan 77 on Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

My user name is myspace/hooligan_77 on Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:54 pm
quote : #2
i havent tried it yet but try deleting it and downloading it again
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:23 pm
quote : #3
Question
I tried that already. That was the first thing I did when I noticed this problem. It is doing something different now. It is showing me a % of how much of the patch is being downloaded. It stopped at 79% :/ 500 seconds ago. I guess I will just try to redownload it again and hope I get connected. Thanks for the advice.

"77"

Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:38 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yikes. The patch is 1.9MB, sure you have enough room on your memory card?

Is your memory card first or 3rd party?

Do you have it in slot 1 or 2 of your PS2?

(should probobly have it on slot 1, and on the same memory card as your main star wars battlefront save)

Yea Lucas Arts should have some info on this. Is anyone posting about this problem on the Lucas Arts support board?

Hope this gets sorted out for you soon.

btw nice to see you back around runamok :]
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:14 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
Yikes. The patch is 1.9MB, sure you have enough room on your memory card?

Is your memory card first or 3rd party?

Do you have it in slot 1 or 2 of your PS2?

(should probobly have it on slot 1, and on the same memory card as your main star wars battlefront save)

Yea Lucas Arts should have some info on this. Is anyone posting about this problem on the Lucas Arts support board?

Hope this gets sorted out for you soon.

btw nice to see you back around runamok :]

My memory card is a 3rd party yellow one. The memory card is in slot one of my PS2. I still have like 4.2 megs left on my card. I have all my PS2 saves on this card. I do not play many other games right now on my PS2 console. SWBF is very addicting. I have downloaded a patch before and never had this problem. I am hoping it is a problem with their server. I have not checked Lucas Arts boards yet. I think I will do that right now. Thanks, it's nice to be back.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:03 am
quote : #6
The yellow Nyko card? I have this card. It is officially support product by sony, so should have no problems with the card.

Sounds like a possible error on Lucas Arts's end.

Hope it gets resolved. Yea SWBF is really addicting, such a fun game. Mr. Green
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:15 pm
quote : #7
yea try contacting lucus arts and see what they have to say
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:17 pm
quote : #8
Sad
You're right! I pulled out my card out and it has the Sony symbol on it. This is the problem though, yesterday it downloaded 79% of the patch. After 2000 or more seconds of it not downloading the rest of the patch I cut the power on my PS2. Now I am lucky if it downloads 20%. This really sucks. SWBF is one of my favorite online games. I also deleted the camo downloads I have for MGS3. Now I have like 6.470 KB on my card.

I am going to contact "Yodas Help Desk" again right now. I am going to explain to them the situation that is going on now. Hopefully they can resolve this problem soon. Off the subject, I plan on buying me an offline PS2 game to hold me over. I have been wanting this game for awhile now. I am not going to mention its title on this post, forum rules in all. All I will say is its made by Atari.

I do hope I can get back on SWBF before SWBF2 comes out. Right now I am kind of skeptical.

"77"

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:22 pm
quote : #9
If only it were like the Dreamcast, I could jsut send you the patch file :/ Hopefully someday we all get those max drives or action replay usb things or something, then we can send files to each other with ease.

(I think apple has one of these, maybe if you picked up a PS2 USB thing he could just send you the patch file)
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:32 pm
quote : #10
I am not sure what PS2 USB thing you are insinuating about. I am ready to buy one if I knew exactly what it was. Yes in the Dreamcast days it was so much more easier to send a file through e-mail.

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:45 pm:

8)
I fixed it. I received an e-mail from Lucas Arts. They suggested I delete my profile names. I did that and tried downloading the new patch. It downloaded in less then 10 seconds. I am good to go. Thanks for your help and support.

"77"

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:55 pm
quote : #11
That's great to hear that you got it to work.

What nikon was referring to is the Action Replay USB. It comes with a mini-USB hard drive so you can download items such as codes and saves (or in this case, patches) on to your PC, transfer then to the USB drive, then place them on your memory card.

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:45 pm
quote : #12
sounds like a nice thing to have.. does anyone have a link to where i can buy one