Topic: A slight problem

Page 1 of 1
TheOneFreeman
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have a problem that i thought u all could help me solve. Should i save for a ps3 when it comes out? OR..... Should i buy a xbox and a ps2 when they get there price breaks. Im so confused

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:17 pm
quote : #2
buy either a ps2 or xbox now... then go for one of the next generation systems
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:29 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, this can be solved very easily. For starters ask yourself what games you want to play. Then buy whatever system those games currently exist on. Also Playstation 3 isn't coming out for a while. Plus the launch titles this up coming generation seem to be not as enticing as previous console generations. Plus, the PS3 might not come out until 2007.

I'd pick up a PS2 or Xbox now. Not only can you get one of these consoles for almost a 4th of the cost of next gen consoles, but the games are really cheap. Most can be found for 20 bucks or less.

TheOneFreeman, do you live in the United States? Also I noticed in your profile says you are on dialup?

This info would help in giving more advice on your purchase. As well as what games too look into.
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:19 am
quote : #4
TheOneFreeman wrote:
I have a problem that i thought u all could help me solve. Should i save for a ps3 when it comes out? OR..... Should i buy a xbox and a ps2 when they get there price breaks. Im so confused

I would suggest a PS2 or and XBOX to you and anyone who doesnt already have both of them before you buy a next-gen system.

You should choose: XBOX or PS2

Then take whatever leftover money you have and go to gamestop. Go to the "Used under 9.99" section and have fun. There are alot of good games for both systems that can be had for under 10 bucks.
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:31 am
quote : #5
as for which to get on PS2 or xbox... both systems each have their own good..

xbox might be a little better. it depends on which games you want to play
Posted:
Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:02 pm
quote : #6
I guess the only reason i want the ps3 is for unreal tournament 2007 and killzone and because ive never had a system near launch and having almost 450 dollars by april is enticing just waiting. Also is there a way to hook up a sattelite connection to a console.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 pm
quote : #7
TheOneFreeman wrote:
I guess the only reason i want the ps3 is for unreal tournament 2007 and killzone and because ive never had a system near launch and having almost 450 dollars by april is enticing just waiting. Also is there a way to hook up a sattelite connection to a console.

I'll have my PC for UT2k7 <_<

Edit: As for the satellite connection, what kind of cable do you plug into your computer to go online? If it's a standard ethernet cable (or even a phone line cable), then you can use that on consoles just fine.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:30 am
quote : #8
just connect the eithernet cable from your satelite modem to your ps2.. thats what i do
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:46 pm
quote : #9
By the way could a BFG 6200 OC AGP 256 MB video card and a AMD Athlon 2200+ processor run UT2K7

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:53 pm
quote : #10
TheOneFreeman wrote:
By the way could a BFG 6200 OC AGP 256 MB video card and a AMD Athlon 2200+ processor run UT2K7

Who knows at this point. My gut instinct is yes, but not very well. That CPU is bottlenecking the graphics card.

I'd wait to upgrade once we know more concrete information about when Unreal Tournament 2007 will be released. I have heard rumors of a Q1/Q2 2006 release near the launch of Gears of War for the Xbox 360.

-Mytho
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:58 pm
quote : #11
Well, i could use the money on upgrading my computer rather then buying new consoles but thats at the bottom of the list. Need to get me that video card then to

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:13 pm
quote : #12
Well, that video card is nothing special either. I would save your pennies for the GeForce 7700 if you want a graphics card that will run Unreal Tournament 2007 well.

-Mytho
Posted:
Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:12 pm
quote : #13
updating computers sucks casue you have to do it so often to play the latest games
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #14
With the money i need to get a 7800, I could get a ps3.