Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was reading the Dreamcast forums, and noticed alot of posts about the past of Dreamcast online. People were looking for lobby pictures to perseve something long gone. I thought "wish I could go back in time or something''.

Well, I figured I can help, by perserving something right now from the current generation of gaming, for future use.

I love(ed) the Outbreak games. It was something new. Even though File 2 was a dissapointment, I still support the game. However, there is a nightmare that I know will come true. All good things come to an end. It will eventually go offline.

Anyways, this is an insight on the lobby system with pictures.

This is the main menu. From here, you select Single Play for offline mode, or Network play for online mode.

After selecting your connection type, connecting to the internet, and accepting the terms of agreement, you will choose Edit Account if you are new, or Entry if you already have one. If you select Edit account, you end up here, at the browser, where you import Capcom.net* files or create new accounts.

Capcom.net files - files that are saved onto your memory card, and hold your account information for all Capcom games, including the first Outbreak, Monster Hunter, and Auto Modellista.

After logging in, there is a breif news pop-up, and this message here. This tells you the event. Every weekend, a new event is hosted. You take part in these events from the Area Select screen ( more on that later). These events reward you with extra points or items. At the current moment, they are repeating the event you see here every two weeks. SP Item Hunting is something all players do to gain new costumes and whatnot. It's a very tiring process. Most just use cheat codes. But events range from clearing a level on a certain difficulty to beating a level for points to go on your profile (more on that later).

This is the Area Select Screen. Here, you choose the Area you would like to enter. Each Area provides a new type of gameplay or change to the game.

Examples;

Free Area - any level, any difficulty. No game mods.

Nightmare Area - any level, any difficulty. Nightmare Mod turned on (enemies do double damage, healing only cures 75% of normal rate)

Survival Area - any level, any difficulty. Friendly Fire Mode turned on (players can shoot each other. Called DMing)

Infinity Mode - self explanitory.

Now, let's enter Free Area.....

Here is the chatroom.

Those icons to the left mean;

X - Filter Option - Put players on block/ignore

Shaking Hands - Friends List. See who is online, and what area they are in

Eye - Search. Search for a specific player by inputting their name or selecting from your Friends List

Computer - Database. View rankings or news from here

Link to the Rankings Web Page (can also be accessed in-game, too).

http://www.capcom.com/reo2ranking/file2.html

The colored doors on the bottom are quick start rooms.

You choose your character

Then wait for 3 other players

If you select free from the bottom left...

You go to the game select

Select a game, and you go here

From here, you can view other peoples stats, including the number of times they beat a level, the fastest time they have, the amount of points they've gained from beating levels, all the way down to what kind of weapon they perfer, and how many times they've picked people up, been picked up themselves, or the levels they've managed to beat without weapons or getting hit.

What do my stats tell you about my skill at this game Laughing

Anyways, that is just about it. I hope you enjoy this little insight into the world of File 2 online.
Posted:
Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:02 pm
quote : #2
Thats a real good idea Mr. Green
Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:29 pm
quote : #3
o yeha... ppl who dont have this game can get a good rundown of how the menu's work