Treey
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok, So I just spent the last 5 hours(yes FIVE) playing some split screen action with my step son. Now up until this point I have never really played Battlefront offline, except the first day when my brother and I wanted to rack up some frags. Here are some very frustrating points about the split screen 2player mode.

~About twice as many bots means its almost impossible to take that last command post
~Instant spawn for everyone - same as above - no chance to take the command post before they respawn
~Even with AIM assist off, you "rotate" around your opponents if you have them "red" in your target and you try to "strafe". You can't possibly miss them, and vice versa. you can't simply strafe to the side. This is one of the biggest changes from on-line play.
~And finally even on Hard the opposing bots line up like targets for you, and are delayed in responding to your fire. the On-line AI seems much much much more capable and challenging. How is this even possible? You tell me.

Still, five hours, A great game. Anyone want to play hit me or Nikon up for an all night frag fest

Treey

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:57 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Treey wrote:
Ok, So I just spent the last 5 hours(yes FIVE) playing some split screen action with my step son. Now up until this point I have never really played Battlefront offline, except the first day when my brother and I wanted to rack up some frags. Here are some very frustrating points about the split screen 2player mode.

Did you recently get a second dual shock 2? I thought you only had one.

Treey wrote:
~About twice as many bots means its almost impossible to take that last command post

Yea I remember playing just instant action offline in Geonosis....its like a WARZONE. Full huge armies smash right into each other right at the start. Its so awsome.

Treey wrote:
~Even with AIM assist off, you "rotate" around your opponents if you have them "red" in your target and you try to "strafe". You can't possibly miss them, and vice versa. you can't simply strafe to the side. This is one of the biggest changes from on-line play.

I think I remember this from when we played. I will have to break out another controller and test it for myself.

Treey wrote:
~And finally even on Hard the opposing bots line up like targets for you, and are delayed in responding to your fire. the On-line AI seems much much much more capable and challenging. How is this even possible? You tell me.

Well there was the 1.9MB patch. This probobly fixed a ton of gameplay issues.

Treey wrote:
Anyone want to play hit me or Nikon up for an all night frag fest

Yea sure I just tried to call your cellphone and house. Couldn't find you. Give me a buzz I'm here chillin, and we'll get our game on. Also btw, for future reference, use the Game Organization forum for pre-game planning or for instant quick notices that you are online playing. And the Game Schedule is for planning in advance. Posts regarding setting up games are all confined to the game organization forum because they typically are time sensitive. Once the game / event has passed...the topic is pretty much useless, and so that forum gets prunned as well.

As far as Post Game discussions go, like a discussion after a game has taken place, these things we logically want to keep. So post game discussions go in their designated topical forum. So if we played a game of star wars battlefront and wanted to talk about what happened, would make a thread in SWBF Forum like "Post game discussion for swbf game on sept 30th" or something to that effect.

(PS: Sent you a PM also regarding PDB's....check your inbox....its in the upper right above the navigation. I'm supposed to make that thing light up when you get a PM but havn't gotten to it yet.)