Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
ssx3 is truly a great game and i thought since it was dialup compatible it would be even better but its gay since probaly out of all the matches I've done ppl have quit on me cuz of lag issues.Anyone ever play ssx3 on dialup and it work well because I always get 1-3secs of lag and also does nfl street work ok on dialup or was dialup connnectivity a mistake for it too?
Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:37 pm
quote : #2
I had played SSX 3 a lot online since I have dial-up and it was one of my few online games at the time, but I was turned away for a few reasons: (1) the lack of good keyboard comminication (the after-game chat is a joke) since there's no headset support for dial-up, (2) the 1-3 second lag you've mentioned which is inevitable, and (3) the disconnects from other people not wanting to tolerate the lag like we are.

I really want to go back online, though - I recently got back into the whole thing during the holiday season.

My experience with it: There are times when the lag is pretty scarring, but for the most part, it's bareable. The adjustment you have to make with control pressing is the real pain, though, so I'm usually struggling a little bit in the beginning of each race or score run.

Okay, onto NFL Street. I haven't played it online over dial-up as much as with SSX 3, but the lag is much more bareable here. It's still arguably the same amount (1 to 3 seconds), but it's extremely easy to adjust your game and react correctly with the controls. There are times when lag spikes all of a sudden and your defense/offense breaks apart on a crucial play, though (where it's a much bigger factor in an online match than in SSX 3), and that's what turned me away. There's also the same disconnect and chat issues as with SSX 3, since they're under the same EA service/presentation.

However, I picked it up for really cheap at the end of last year and am hoping to get some online play in again.

Long story short, I've had the same lag issues as you but dial-up connectivity was most definitely not a mistake. EA still plans to support dial-up in their Big line of games, and I'm all for it - I mean, look, NFL Street 2 supports dial-up, and it's a new release.
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:12 am
quote : #3
last year when i had dail up i rented this game when it first came out and i didnt seem to have any problems..
maybe i just didnt notice them i dunno.
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:46 pm
quote : #4
MICHAE2414 wrote:

I really want to go back online, though - I recently got back into the whole thing during the holiday season.

Same ere i've just recently started online gaming again

. EA still plans to support dial-up in their Big line of games, and I'm all for it - I mean, look, NFL Street 2 supports dial-up, and it's a new release.[/quote]
Yea i gues its not so bad after all and im reeealy looking forward to nba street3 being dialup
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:52 pm
quote : #5
I just borrowed this game from a friend and if anyone reads this within 4-5 hours I might be on with dial-up.

Posted Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:48 pm:

I was wondering if this game has usb keyboard support? Because it would be really nice in setting up games with other people.Also I was playing on dial-up and the only laggy part was turning the rider but after a while i was used to it and it seemed natural.

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:21 pm
quote : #6
gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:
I was wondering if this game has usb keyboard support? Because it would be really nice in setting up games with other people.Also I was playing on dial-up and the only laggy part was turning the rider but after a while i was used to it and it seemed natural.

Check the Online Game List for that little tidbit.