1, 2  Next
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
And it's about damn time too. Mentally, I ditched 56K eons ago. Now I'll be able to download all the game demos I ever wanted, play online games without the ever annoying lag monster, and multitask like a madman! It's a huge plus I won't have to get off the phone to call a friend or to let a parental unit use the telly. Same for having to dial-up.

I was wondering how these speeds are: 3MB Down/378Kb UP. I don't know for certain about the upload speeds, but I think 378 is guarenteed. Ditto with the 3MB Down.

And I was intrested in renting a ton of PS2 online games to see how the online play is. Here are the games I was intrested in:

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
XIII (I'll rent this fo'sho)
Need For Speed: Underground
SOCOM II
Risk: Global Dominiation (Stop laughing! I'm serious!)
Um.... Maybe I'll buy a copy of Midnight Club II?
Trivial Pursuit Unleashed (OK. You can laugh NOW!)
Twisted Metal Black: Online (This will be my next PS2 online game)
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain (Does anyone know if the demo with the Playstation mag has online play?)

I'll find some others later, but everyone, let's give a big "SEE YA LATER!" to dial-up! And no, I did not have to give up an organ to get Broadband....... Stop looking at those stitches..... Razz

-TheMytho

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:41 am
quote : #2
Hey, congratulations man! You'll love broadband and wonder how you even lived with dial-up. Hope to see ya online soon!

Link00seven
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:15 pm
quote : #3
Sweet!

Kiss that old cranky dial up modem goodbye forever!!!

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:14 pm
quote : #4
I got my Cable installed the other day. Oh my Lord it is a speed demon. I haven't tried out Tribes with it yet, but I plan on doing so either tonight or tommorow morning.

Anyone play those games I listed up in my first post? Confused

-TheMytho

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:23 pm
quote : #5
TheMytho wrote:
I got my Cable installed the other day. Oh my Lord it is a speed demon. I haven't tried out Tribes with it yet, but I plan on doing so either tonight or tommorow morning.

Anyone play those games I listed up in my first post? Confused

-TheMytho

I have SOCOM II and TMB:O, and they're quite fun. My user name on both games is satoshi, so just look for me if you get those games.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:01 pm
quote : #6
I've chosen the two games I want to rent. XIII and SOCOM II.

Satoshi: Do you think we could meet up in SOCOM II this weekend?

-TheMytho

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:40 pm
quote : #7
Hey; congratulations. Broadband really is a wonderful thing.

And actually my rental copy of XIII for PS2 just came from RedOctane. Kind of hard to get used to the control at first, but it's got some great style. I'm still having a bit of trouble with my Network Adaptor (I got it crazy cheap with no setup disk) but I'll sort that out one way or another soon enough.

Anyway, back on topic, welcome to the broadband club. Very Happy

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:15 pm
quote : #8
TheMytho wrote:
I've chosen the two games I want to rent. XIII and SOCOM II.

Satoshi: Do you think we could meet up in SOCOM II this weekend?

-TheMytho

Sure, what's your name on there? I'll keep trying to message ya.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:59 pm
quote : #9
Well, I didn't find SOCOM II, but I settled for XIII. If anyone plays this online, PM me.

-TheMytho

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:26 pm
quote : #10
congrats on the BB man i lookin to get cable or dsl in a couple months i got to find a cheep one that my mom agrees on,
satoshi: do you have madden 04 if so PM me i would like to play ya some time

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:36 pm
quote : #11
I got TMB and TMB: O over the weekend. I dig both games, except TMB: O doesn't like my router. What the hell?

Anyway, if you want to play, PM me. I'm almost always up for a game of TM.

-Mytho

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:35 pm
quote : #12
Memphissss wrote:
congrats on the BB man i lookin to get cable or dsl in a couple months i got to find a cheep one that my mom agrees on,
satoshi: do you have madden 04 if so PM me i would like to play ya some time

Nope, sorry. Football just isn't my thing..

TheMytho wrote:
I got TMB and TMB: O over the weekend. I dig both games, except TMB: O doesn't like my router. What the hell?

Maybe It's trying to use some ports that are still blocked? I found I had a little trouble with TMB:O and Frequency, even after opening the ports recommended at Sony's site... SOCOM II couldn't even log in.. But then I enabled DMZ, and it works perfectly. That's only on my mom's router though, on my dad's I didn't even have to open any ports or enable DMZ and the games play fine... It all depends on the router. Try opening up a DMZ for your PS2 (you'll also have to specifiy the IP of your PS2 then, in the PS2 network settings so that it corresponds to the IP of the DMZ, so that it always uses the DMZ, and a computer doesn't steal it).[/quote]

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:06 pm
quote : #13
I tried the DMZ, but I didn't input a specific IP into the PS2. Let me try this out later.

-Mytho

SolidSnake
banned!
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:26 pm
quote : #14
Ur truly are lucky man im gona try 2 hold out with dial-up till BB goes down 2 $20 bucks
Hopefully it will come down soon. Oh by the way dont get Rising Sun for online play it sux all it has is a sorry death match.
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:30 pm
quote : #15
TheMytho wrote:
I tried the DMZ, but I didn't input a specific IP into the PS2. Let me try this out later.

-Mytho

Yea, you have to tell the PS2 to use the IP that was opened for the DMZ. If you use IP 192.168.1.100 for the DMZ, then the PS2 has to be set to use 192.168.1.100 as it's IP.