Page 1 of 1
satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
OK, so I bought my little brother T:AA for Christmas, and we've been trying to get CHAT-TEST and EXPERT-A and EXPERT-B to work. I did exactly as it said in the guide. However! I do not see the changes as it says I should... any help?

Plus, is it just me, or are there very few servers up?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:42 pm
quote : #2
satoshi wrote:

Chyea??I was bout to get this game just today to and i always pictured there berin like 40-60 ppl bein on dis game online alll da time
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:27 pm
quote : #3
satoshi wrote:
OK, so I bought my little brother T:AA for Christmas, and we've been trying to get CHAT-TEST and EXPERT-A and EXPERT-B to work. I did exactly as it said in the guide. However! I do not see the changes as it says I should... any help?

Hmm strange. I think I may have goofed on the guide. I just checked my buddy list on TribesAA and I still have EXPERT-A in my buddy list, so...

Ignore this step: "7. Remove EXPERT-A or EXPERT-B from your buddy list"

Just leave CHAT-TEST or EXPERT-A or EXPERT-B in your buddy list depending which one you want to use.

Sometimes this can take a few tries to get it to work right. Let me know if you are still having problems.

satoshi wrote:

Gforce wrote:
satoshi wrote:

Chyea??I was bout to get this game just today to and i always pictured there berin like 40-60 ppl bein on dis game online alll da time

I just signed online. There are 5 servers up, with 20 people playing, at 10:00PM on a monday night.

A large core of the TribesAA community has been shuffeled around because GamerPlug, previously TribesAA.com, closed down. Basically the people who ran the site couldn't handle it, there was too much flaming going on, and the entire community there needed tournaments going in order to stay alive. So the site crumbled, and a lot of people went their seperate ways. However, during the problems going on at GamerPlug, another site startedup in the wake of it all, at TribesAA.org. Which is what the TGT servers you see up now are for, as well as the TribesAA.org server.

Like all online games, in the end you will find just the diehard serious players sticking around.

Right now TribesAA is in a state of flux. I am going to be seriously pushing the game more, and I feel a lot of new players will be trickling in.

Regardless of what happens, if you really like this game, you will keep on playing. Also one thing you have to do, is if you ever see no servers up...HOST A SERVER. This goes for ALL online games. I am planning on writing up a full thingy on this, but here is the quick scoop. Its insane how someone will sign online with a game, see no servers up, and then....power off their system. Which is totally insane because, odds are there are 5-10 other idiots also staring blankly drooling at the master list looking for a server to join. If one person would just host, there would be no problem.

You can still find people online all the time on TribesAA, and everytime I am on there is atleast 1 full game you can hop into.
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:31 pm
quote : #4
Heh, I have the AADS software, i just need to know which ports to open =P

Try both CHAT-TEST and EXPERT-A?? Hm.. I've tried both separately many times, to no avail...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:37 pm
quote : #5
Nah nah nah, just use one of them. Only use EXPERT-A or B if you want the new control schemes. If you only want the CHAT menu alone, then use CHAT-TEST. The expert configs have the chat-test in them automatically. So you only have to put in EXPERT-A or B if you want to use those.

As far as ports, I can't remember off the top of my head, but could check the manual, and here as well:

http://aads.gamerplug.com/

Good thing this URL is still running ^^^

You could always try setting up an AADS server on the LAN, and joining that to see if that would do the trick.

If you have problems sign off and reboot the PS2 and try again.

EDIT: Hey, did you join a server and see if its working? I just checked my control scheme and EXPERT-A wasn't showing up, but it innitiated once I joined a server. I'm rebooting now to see if I can get it resaved to the memory card so I can use it offline. Adding it to your buddy list and joining a server should innitiate it while your on the server. If this isn't working then that would be really wierd.
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:18 pm
quote : #6
Yea, I can connect to my own server just fine, but I still didn't get any changes... It was fun switching maps though Confused

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:29 pm
quote : #7
Ok I successfully removed EXPERT-A from my buddy list, and got the special config removed and back to normal. Now I am trying to also get the EXPERT config back onto my save, and am having the same problems you are.

This is really wierd. I can't get it to work at all.

I'm going to keep looking into this, and I'll report back if I figure anything out.
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:35 pm
quote : #8
Glad to know it's not just me, sucks to know that you lost it now...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:43 pm
quote : #9
Its ok, I don't mind being a guinnei pig (however its spelled). I will tool with this some more tomarrow, because I have to make it to a StarWars Battlefront 1 match.

If anyone else has any info on this problem feel free to post.
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:59 am
quote : #10
I'm gonna find time to play this awsome game. I have good memmories of me and my friend playing this o game online split screen. And now that he has it I'll havta call him up to ask him to play.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:19 am
quote : #11
I logged on T:AA today and... whaddya know! CHAT-TEST worked! I deleted CHAT-TEST and added EXPERT-A and.. BINGO! I dunno why it started working today.. perhaps it had something to do with me joining "Rico's Test Server"?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:37 am
quote : #12
Whooo! That is awsome. My theory was probobly right. I bet Rico had changed something with the master list, which backfired and messed up the chat-test getting added properly.

I am still going to boot this up in a local environment to see if I can get it to work. Mainly to ensure that if and when TAA's master list ever goes down, the special control configs and chat-test will still be able to be used.

Good thing it is working again! Now I can finally say hello to people again hehe :]