Topic: Question about FF XI

Page 1 of 1
Zebulus
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:06 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is the hard drive required for gameplay? I wouldnt mind playing it, but i have a slim PS2 and i wasnt sure if the hard drive was required or not. If it is, then im in trouble,lol.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:06 pm
quote : #2
yes the hard drive is required and its not playable with a slim line... so if you still want to play it hopefully you have a good pc and can try it on there
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:59 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea, the HDD is required... I heard there hacks out there to get the original slim models to recognize an official (or unofficial) harddrive by going into the system, but I don't think you'd wanna ruin your warranty for that.. If you can get ahold of a chubby PS2, you can play it on there, or you can buy the PC version. There is no difference between the versions, other than the fact that the PC can play it at higher resolutions and it won't slow down as much as the PS2 version (assuming you have a decent PC, that is). You can even use the same account on PC and PS2 (and soon, Xbox360), so that's an added bonus too. I bought the PS2 version (but I can't play it right now because it sees that I use HDLoader, and PlayOnline just shuts the system down), but I mostly play on the PC right now. I even bought a controller that's very similar to the PS2's so I can play FFXI.

Zebulus
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:29 pm
quote : #4
not sure if my PC would run it. 1Ghz, 512MB ram, Geforce 4400 Mx. Id rather play it on PS2 anyway, i dont game on my PC anymore. Ehh, ill just stick with other RPG's. Ive been addicted to Kingdom Hearts lately anyway.

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:14 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
You're PC would run it quite well. You exceed the minimum requirements by quite a bit. If you really want to check it out, I suggest you do.

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:50 am
quote : #6
I have close to the same specs and my computer runs it great.