Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I had been waiting for the sweet price on TimeSplitters Future Perfect. Last night I scored it for 16.00 sealed, after Shipping. I have been waiting a long while to get this game, mainly because I already own TimeSplitters 2, and the game tunnels like butter. I always wanted to have the 4 main FPS's that were released in 2005, and now I will finally have that last piece to the puzzle.

I am also using this thread to bring up a very crucial piece of information:

TimeSplitters Future Perfect is the only LAN compatible cross region First Person Shooter for the Playstation 2.

This makes TS3 pretty important because from a PAL vs NTSC perspective the online game list really gets cut down, even more so when you narrow it to online forever titles. Which then turns out to be only a handfull of games. So TimeSplitters 3 really stands out in this respect.

There are a few "asterix's" in all of this. I am pretty sure the PAL and NTSC versions of TimeSplitters 2 could tunnel online. Also Tribes Aerial Assault could be booted on an import PAL system. Finally, one of the Call of Duty games could very well be LAN compatible (COD2 I believe), but I havn't seen definative proof on this yet. Just someone who mentioned it on GameFaqs.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:30 am
quote : #2
how is it online? I almost picked it up yesterday, but thought twice thinking its online community might be dead. And around how many people are online at any given time. Might pick this up today if its worth the purchase.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:16 am
quote : #3
I don't know how it is online, since.... I just ordered it. Will take probobly 5 days to get here.

I will let you now how many people are online when it arrives. All games slowly breakdown over time and their online populations decrease. Usually only the diehards remain. So if its low, it soon will drop to almost none soon. So I guess don't buy it, and get some new release that just came out that has a gillion people online.
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:13 pm
quote : #4
i also want to get it for the downloadable maps even if the online community isnt that large.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:05 am
quote : #5
I will give a full report on the games current online community when I get the game. It should be here sometime this week.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:44 am
quote : #6
Where in the hell did you find it for sixteen bucks?

I can't afford EA's $50 price tag, so I've been abusing my GameCrazy Employee priveledges and renting it over and over.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:14 am
quote : #7
I get my games usually for very cheap. I got Socom II for instance, non-GH release for 11.99 (sealed)...after SH. ATV Offroad Fury II non-GH release only set me back 8.48 (sealed).

You can score it for even cheaper than I did as prices went down a dollar or two even more.

Hit up Amazon, search for TimeSplitters Future perfect. Select Playstation 2 release. Scroll down, and should see a variety of people selling it for around 11 dollars. It will run you 3.49 SH usually. I would go with one that says factory sealed.

On Amazon, if you shop right, you could quite literally take 50 bucks and fill up your PS2 Online library. Wink