Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:05 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey guys! After several years delaying the inevitable, I finally snapped and ordered broadband DSL today. I've been stuck with AOL dialup for years, which I couldn't change from (long story), but AOL recently struck up a deal with the local DSL provider. My house has a hard-wired network built in, which I've never used, so I'm getting a wired/wireless combo setup. What finally made it cost justifiable for me is that AOL's agreement costs only $3 more a month than we were paying for dialup.

I'm about to burst, because I just realized I already own quite a few titles I can play online from day one, and I'll have a better connection experience with Tribes too! The connection speed is listed as up to 1.5 MBPS. Going into this, is there anything I should keep in mind on the configuration of my setup in order to get maximum oomph out of my PS2 online experience? I greatly appreciate your help with this.

Thanks!

Hello Children!
Check out Scent of a Robot at http://www.petemiser.com/
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:42 pm
quote : #2
Well, in my transition from AOL dial-up to SBC (AT&T now) DSL, I quickly realized how essential a router really is. Make sure that "wired/wireless combo setup" you got going includes router capabilities. i have only a wired setup right now, but I hope to go wireless within the near future.

Hmm...if I think of anything else to mention, I'll mention it. Good luck.
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:53 pm
quote : #3
Well, the package was sitting on my porch when I came home today. It took me about 40 minutes or so to pull my head out of my arse and connect the modem to my network hub, but it's working. The wired/wireless modem does have built in router capabilities, so I'll test that out later tonight with my PS2 and laptop.

I'll start farting around with my games later tonight. This is cool!

Hello Children!
Check out Scent of a Robot at http://www.petemiser.com/