Page Location: Home > Armored Core > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 3:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you ever wanted to see the intensity of a real vs battle in an AC game. Here is your chance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lepn1U7_G7c

Some pretty good piloting skills shown here.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 7:06 pm
quote : #2
The pilot must know their AC pretty well to be able to move like that. Especially the way he/she is able to manage their energy consumption without having to charge. It also looks like he might be using the dual-analog control scheme too, but I might be wrong. Because I remember playing the old controls it was pretting hard to aim in all those directions so quickly. The new control scheme kinda takes some getting used to but it feels a bit easier I guess than the old one.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 7:13 pm
quote : #3
Yea the new control scheme is definatly easier to use in some respects, but I think that is a good thing because it brings newer players to the AC games.

I use the old school controls though so I can get immediate response when moving around. The only drawback is, it is harder to land shots with manual aim weaponry.

Most Ravens are able to pilot their AC's with nearly the same competance as the person in the video. If you play the game a lot you will get better and better at piloting your AC. Some good advice is to use the training mode in the AC Garage and just dodge all incoming enemy fire. You will get a lot better at dodging missiles and moving around the arena by doing this.

Do you own any AC games OmegaChrono?
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 9:16 pm
quote : #4
Well I used to play a lot of AC2 but I ended up selling to Funcoland after awhile. I never really thought about trying to dodge incoming fire that much, I guess its because I used to use the heavy leg-type ACs and just try to overpower whatever gets in-front of me. I recently got Nexus and I'm working on a more mobile AC, but its difficult with the low maximum weight limit. I'm thinking about trying out four-leg type since it has pretty good mobility and weight. I don't play too often as I'd like so I'm not far. But I'm gonna have to try that dodging incoming fire in the test room. Are there any tips or techniques I should be aware of?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 10:02 pm
quote : #5
Spend a lot of time in the garage fine tuning your AC. You can buy parts, and test them and still trade them back for full money. However once you use them in battle they become used and are then devalued. By trying out different weapons and different combinations in AC Test you can get a better feel for what works well for you. It also teaches you a lot more about the game.

Plus, for some peace and quiet just boost up to the upper ledge and you can zip around away from the 2 MT's down below. This can be good for testing your mobility.

I have beaten Nexus. However I still have to get some higher grades on the Revolutions disc.