Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon May 29, 2006 1:39 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I got Devil May Cry 3 recently. The regular version, NOT the Greatest Hits version (which is much easier). Everyone has said that Devil May Cry 3 is blisteringly hard. So I boot up this game expecting to get my ass handed to me. In-fact that is why I bought the game, for the challenge. I specifically bought a used copy of the original versoin for this purpose.

Well, I started playing and got past the first level no problem. I got stuck on the 2nd mission boss, but after learning the game mechanics I cut him down after a few tries. So I breeze through the third mission, and get to the giant 3 headed dog caged in ice. I battled him one time, and lost, but played him again and had him down to practically no life.

I thought I would be stuck on level 2 for hours or something the way other people make this game out to be. Maybe I am just used to playing difficult games, or everyone else has turned into "panseys". I think people expect to "win" and be heroes and never lose, so any shred of a challenge makes them curl up in the corner sucking their thumb.

I'm not trying to come off as an ego-maniac or something, but this game is not as hard as people make it out to be.
rank 21
Posted:
Mon May 29, 2006 9:57 am
quote : #2
I, too, am disappointed in the difficulty of games coming out as of late.. Where's the challenge?? Games used to be hard, and they used to be fun!

As for the Greatest Hits version, that's kind of stupid, making it easier..

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon May 29, 2006 10:24 am
quote : #3
AMEN. I thought DMC3 was harder than Ninja Gaiden, but those games were just a taste of the days of one-hit kills and memorizing boss patterns. Whoever thinks that these games are unreal in difficulty seriously needs to school themself with some shooters or side-scrollers.

As a side note, I recently bought the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for a scant $4.96 and have been enjoying the level of difficulty presented in these games.

-Mytho
Posted:
Mon May 29, 2006 2:01 pm
quote : #4
TheMytho wrote:
As a side note, I recently bought the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for a scant $4.96 and have been enjoying the level of difficulty presented in these games.

-Mytho
I got this for GC back in December (same price) but only started to really play it about a week ago. MegaMan is really hard. You have to start levels over everytime and it feels like everything kills you. I have got to play that again today.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:32 pm
quote : #5
lol mega man ...that whole series is a trip..... I ALMOST cried because mega man X frustrated me so bad and I still aint beat it to this day.