Page Location: Home > Archive > Monster Hunter (Archive) > Topic
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is going to be a straight copy and paste from the Game Org. forum so we can have some game discussion without having to worry about pruning:

nikon, did you create the Twin Daggers yet? I made a set earlier today, and am fairly happy with them. They chew through Whetstones like nobody's business though. Confused

I'm still trying to figure out how to manage the 'Fury' mode and normal attacks. I will usually use 'Fury' when I first strike, then follow up with Normal attacks when my Stamina is low.

-Mytho

Lunar Eclipse
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:35 am
quote : #2
I made the Cyclone a while back which is the fully upgraded version of the Twin Daggers. I think that they're cool, but I really haven't ever used them seriously in a tough fight. When I do use them, I tend to bring along a Power Juice or a Mega Juice since those items keep your stamina from decreasing for a good period of time. That way I can just stay in Fury Mode and combo the crap out of enemies. On the other hand, I think that Fury Mode makes twin swords dull even more quickly than normal, so you'd best have just a ton of Whetstones whenever you use them.

If you don't feel like bringing Juices along, I find that it's best to fight normally and use the Fury Mode only when you see a really good opening for attack. If the wyvern gets knocked down, by all means go into Fury Mode and unleash a massive combo, but be careful otherwise since you can't block and will have a tough time moving when you're stuck in the middle of a combo. Use it selectively.

Last edited by Lunar Eclipse on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:46 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Mytho, I have the first iteration of the Twin Daggers, I just evolved it from the Assassins Dagger. It is a cool weapon, but is not as powefull. The big advantage I found is that it knocks back an enemy. I was able to constantly push back a Velocidrome with it. So even though they arn't too powerfull early on, they do have their advantages in coralling an enemy. I don't know how effective that would be on something like Kut-Ku though.