Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So far I am breezing through TimeSplitters Future Perfect's map editor. I can't remember how good this one is in comparison to 2's. If you parouse the Dreamcast site you can read about a new project I am working on with TimeSplitters Future Perfect relating to a Dreamcast game. I felt posting this casually here in the FPS forum would be better. If you are primarily a Playstation 2 gamer, then this might seem bizarre to you, or you might not now enough to take the project into perspective.

Anyways, if you read the link above then you know I am going to be releasing some DC related goodies on TimeSplitters Future Perfect. To get the maps all you will need is to be on my buddy list so you can easily find the maps. I have one map 95% finished so far, and will be making about 4 more.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 24, 2006 10:28 pm
quote : #2
The TS3 map editor is awesome. The only piece I really miss from TS2 was the "Core", basically a four story tube that looked like a missle silo. The extra large pieces that varied by tileset were pretty cool too, so it's a shame that those were nixed for Future Perfect.

I uploaded a map for the first time today. It's called "Shudder". It's a 4-story Egyptian indoor map good for everything except assault and capture the bag. The reason it's called "Shudder" is because originally it was an open-air military map with snow, so in most areas the PS2 would shudder like mad trying to render everything. Now that it's indoor, it plays smoothly.

My main thought when building it was to have every place on the map be in at least two lines of sight, this way you would have to keep moving at all times, thereby banishing campers. I did this because I usually don't find myself at the forefront of a battle, I usually hang back. I built this map to try and train myself to be more aggressive instead of picking people off after they've had a firefight. While there are a couple of hidey-holes, I think I was mainly successful in my goal.

Anyway, if anyone downloads it, please tell me what you think. Also, I look forward to Outsplitters once it's done, Nikon. I never got to play Outtrigger online.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:54 am
quote : #3
I am going to be working to wrap up those Outtrigger maps for this week. I gotta get them done and out of the way. I will only be able to make 3-4, as I am not going to "stretch" the idea to make maps that really don't match the ones in Outtrigger. I want them to be faithfull to the game. So there will only be a few.

Also I have to tell you. Be carefull when using the single small block stackable tile. I learned that using this tile in excess will result in a framerate drop. I was trying to use it to make a huge pyramid with gun turrets all over it. I managed to make it, but the framerate drops and the turrets didn't have enough range to target anything. I believe the game sets these stackable titles to invisible with no collision detection. So the PS2 is trying to render much more elements than the screen is showing. Basically, if you are running into framerate problems, check to see how many stackable single box tiles you have in any given line of sight.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:10 am
quote : #4
Yes please get those maps out. I got this game coming in the mail just so I can play OutSplitters with you guys.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:36 am
quote : #5
I am going to do my best to get them completed as soon as I can. At the moment I have other things that I have to get done in my personal life so I have had to put them on hold for the moment.