Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok, so far I have Armored Core 2, and Armored Core Nexus strategy guides. I am planning on getting AC2:AA, as well as AC3. The problem now is, I can't seem to find guides for Silent Line or Nine Breaker. Does anyone know if these games had strategy guides developed. It's insane that they didn't, especially considering Silent Line had double the parts of AC3.

I sure hope someone creates one for Last Raven. It would be cool to have Brady Games do it instead of Prima. I rather liked the SLAI Strategy guide I bought from them. Seemed to be of better quality than Prima guides.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:49 pm
quote : #2
How much did you pay for the Nexus strategy guide? Do you think it is a worthwhile purchase for getting more out of the game?

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:56 pm
quote : #3
When did you get Nexus?

It might be worth it if you've never played Armored Core, but I doubt you need it otherwise. (I don't have one though.)

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:59 pm
quote : #4
Apple wrote:
When did you get Nexus?

I found it on the used rack at EB Games, very nice condition as well. Decided to buy it (since the going price is still around $40 and this was $20) and haven't regretted it.

-Mytho
Posted:
Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:10 pm
quote : #5
Strategy guides for games such as AC are good because of Parts Listings. I own guides on AC2, ACN, as well as SLAI.

There really isn't a decent site available with AC part listings. So I have been picking up the guides.

So far there are guides for:

Armored Core 2
Armored Core 2 Another Age
Armored Core 3
Armored Core Nexus

This is all I could find. All of these are by Prima. I don't think they made guides for Silent Line, Nine Breaker, or Last Raven. A real shame.

I scored the guide for Nexus on Amazon used for like 8 dollars.

EDIT: I should note that AC2 and ACAA guides are in black and white. The AC3 and ACN guides are in full color.

EDIT#2: If you are a diehard AC fan, then getting the guides is pretty neat. It is cool to check out all of the charts and see a published thing about a game you like to play. I have been getting into collecting strategy guides for certain games lately. They have artwork and stuff all over them too. It is like getting a magazine devoted to your favorite game. If you guys arn't looking to pick up any guides, don't worry. Part of the reason why i bought the guides is so I can translate the parts lists into some spreadsheet files so people could download them.
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:31 pm
quote : #6
That's really great to know, I'll probably be checking them out.