Page Location: Home > Archive > Monster Hunter (Archive) > Topic
JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well, I'm not sure how far most of you are right now. I haven't been online for a while, but for this reason....

I got this quest I need to do. Get all the Powderstone. It's Volcano, and I need it to get past my 3 star quests. Anyways, this quest is cheap as all hell. You have a Basarios or something who will go after the PS carrier if they are in the area. I had the wyvern, attacking three guys, stop fighting them to chase me all the way across the map and to knock the damn thing from my hand. You'd think this guy would rather protect himself and kill all three hunters, but instead he wished to chase me down and prevent me from finishing my quest instead Rolling Eyes

Once you get past the fuck, you have more annoyances to worry about. Bullfangos. Infinite Bullfangos. If you wipe out an entire area of them, right when someone else goes to pick up a stone, every enemy respawns. It's ridiculous. And every other minor enemy in the area chases after you once you have a PS in your hand. Some of the monsters never act like they do in the PS quest when you compare them to other times you fight them.

I always have trouble getting a party together to finish this quest. The one occasion I did get guys together, we finished off the wyvern, but dropped the stone. We had no more cool drinks left, and our HR20 guy just quit the game. It's times like this that I wish PSU was already out, though v_v
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:31 pm
quote : #2
I might be able to help you out. I haven't been on in a while either actually (though I wouldn't mind getting on and helping out if you want), but here are some basic pointers for the quest. First of all, make sure you have at least a three person party and immediately kill the wyvern. You'll still have more than enough time to get the quest done.

Preferably you should have four people in your party:
2 players fetching the Powderstone
1 player acts as a distraction and bait
1 player guards the carriers

The two players carrying the stones should have 3 Cool Drinks (or an armor that has anti-heat like my Khezu+ set). These players should also have Power Juices or Mega Juices so that their stamina will never decrease (you can run 100% of the time). The person acting as the distraction and bait should have a lot of flash bombs and throw them in the direction of the carriers as they make their way across dangerous screens. This person should also carry a horn. and should also continually blast the horn so that monsters will attack him instead of his allies. The final player who is guarding the carriers should pick off any monsters that are not stunned by the flash bombs.

If you get some competent people and use this strategy or something similar, I'm sure you'll make it.

There is also typically at least one path in every level where you only have one challenging screen between you and your goal. Try to find the easiest path from the Powderstone back to the beginning of the level.

Also, I have found that if you get all 4 party members to pick up Powderstone simultaneously and rush the difficult screen simultaneously, at least 2 people generally will get through on each run. This can be a good way to brute force your way through the Powderstone quest. The important thing is that everyone enters screens simultaneously to make it tough for the monsters to get all four of you at the same time.

Finally, make sure that you zig-zag when you run to make it more difficult for monsters to get a bead on you, and also try to move the camera around and be aware of where all the monsters are coming from.

I hope this helps and let me know if you want me to help out.

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:59 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, when will you be avaible?

EDIT: Finished the quest! It was hard. Some guy kept trying to knock us down so we would drop the stones. But hey, it's over!