Topic: ATV Offroad Fury 3

Page 1 of 1
U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well guys I got a game in on ATV3 today, but I figured out quickly that dialup users can only race in games with a maximum player cap of 2. (probably for headset use, I think) Though I don't have a headset, it might be cool to pick one up to use with this game, if it works well. My user name on ATV3 is, of course, U-235. Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok that is good information to know U-235 about the player cap. I will make a record of this and some of the other dialup restrictions for other games in the important notifications area of the online game list.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:05 pm
quote : #3
Some more about ATV3 online....

This game has a massive online scoreboard setup, and I was kind of distraught that I wouldn't ever get anywhere in the ranks because it is so hard for a dialup user to find a game. But, if you are simply connected during single player games, your times and scores will still get posted to the scoreboards, so you can increase your online ranking! Now I'm really into ATV3. Does ATV2 allow a dialup user to race more than one other person?
Posted:
Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:25 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
The reason why I recommended ATV3 for you U-235, is because ATV2 is not as robust as ATV3. In ATV2 you can only play online against dialup users. Most everyone on there is broadband. Plus it doesn't have the same rankings features that ATV3 does. So for you ATV2 would be a huge step back.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:09 pm
quote : #5
Oh ok. If I switched to ATV2 I'd never get a game in. I really like the rankings features in ATV3, and it's nice that I can utilize my PC keyboard with it, too. It's just got me wondering how well that hadset would work over dialup.