Page Location: Home > PENDING DELETION > Final Fantasy XI Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just wondering what servers you guys are on? I would like to pick a server that atleast 1 or 2 OC members are on that would play a bit with me whenever I take FFXI for a spin.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:15 pm
quote : #2
well i'm on hades and midgardsormr but my main char. is on hades

satoshi
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:33 pm
quote : #3
I USED to be on Odin. If I played again, I don't know where I'd go. I got a friend on Odin, but there's you guys on your servers. But then there's school and homework and class and stuff.... Plus I uninstalled and don't have the PC discs... at all >_> (and no official PS2 HDD in my PS2 here)

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 pm
quote : #4
Most people at OC have played FFXI for a bit and then are taking a break or on long hiatus. Einhander was playing, but I am not sure if he is still activly playing. I wonder what server he plays on.

Am I correct in assuming that you are playing FFXI currently loki101? I am assuming you are, since you are the only one here at the site to own the original release, and both expansion packs.

I'd like to get on a server where there are a minimum of 1-2 registered OC users. Lanzarlaluna also scored a HardDrive recently, and we are planning to get on the same servers as well.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 am
quote : #5
I was on Shiva, but I haven't played in a long time. The community wasn't very friendly toward low level characters, but me not having a keyboard certainly didn't help at all.

I'm trying to get working again, and once I am I could be persuaded to start playing again if there were a few other OC members on the same server. It would be nice playing with people I actually know. The only problem with servers is you're automatically assigned one at character creation, and if you want to go to a different server, someone on that server has to buy you a World Pass with in game gil, which will allow you to create a completely new character on their server. That is Square's way of maintaing server load balance, and it has netted them quite a bit of criticism. Also, we'd all have to pick the same starting town, because the three available starting towns are on opposite sides of Vana'diel, with quite a bit of space between filled with high level monsters that would use a starting character as a toothpick. Also, whichever starting town we'd pick may also determine which races we'd want to be, because starting in your race's hometown grants you a bonus ring.

So basically we'd have to find out which server has the most OC members on it, and then they would have to buy other people World Passes.

It would take me a little bit of time to get everything set up (another bank account and debit card, along with getting ahold of a USB keyboard), but if you guys want to get in (and I'm even able to reactivate my account), I'd be glad to start playing again with you guys. Also, as far as I know FFXI caps your connection speed if you're on broadband so that the game is still playable for people on 56k, so it doesn't use up a huge amount of bandwidth, so if you guys are on cable and you're either playing on your PC or a PS2 near your PC, we could get some voice communication going with Ventrilo or any IM client that supports voice chat. I know a couple of people who have Xbox Live and they just sign on to it, create a chat room, and then switch their TV over to their PS2 and fire up FFXI and they say that works great as well.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:18 am
quote : #6
That is pretty rediculious how hard it is to get on the same server with your friends. I am up for taking the steps necessary to get us on the right server.

I will be perfectly blunt with you all about FFXI. I don't plan on committing serious time to it. I play PSO on GameCube and Monster Hunter on the PS2 the most as far as RPG's go. These are the titles I am devoted to.

I bought the PS2 HDD mainly for Aero Dancing Elite, and some of the other compatible RPG's. But, I still want to take FFXI for a spin to experience it. Plus I am buying and playing a lot of online titles simply to be educated about them because I write a lot about the history of online consoles.

My time spent on FFXI will be very relaxed and non-involved. I might buy all of the expansion packs and install them on my HDD, but have no serious intent of leveling high enough to take full advantage of their features. If you are looking for a low-level relaxed player on FFXI Einhander, I will be about as green as they come. Who knows maybe I will enjoy some of my time on this game. I like to keep an open mind about things.

I thought it would be good for me to clarrify my intentions here so people don't get my stance confused.
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:34 pm
quote : #7
Yes, I also bought a HDD recently. I'm up for kicking around FFXI for my free month. There is no rush on my end.

loki101
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:23 pm
quote : #8
well i haven't been playing cause of financual problems but i will be back on for the new update for samurai so hell yeah i'll be back on