Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It has been over a month now since I have owned it. I purchased a Ceramic White slim NTSC-J Playstation 2. You really don't realise how small the slim models are until you actually get one. These things are TINY. Also, they don't run hot at all. I play it for hours and the disc is not hot, nor is the system overly warm.

I scored the PS2 console itself for 179.99 (great deal if your interested! play-asia!).

Buying this system was the best thing I ever did. It has enabled me to get a lot of titles for the Playstation 2 platform that were not released in other regions.

The cool thing about getting a Japanese slim is that it of course it has built in broadband. You guys probobly arn't aware of this, but finding a japanese network adaptor is rather difficult. So purchasing an older model system and hunting down a network adaptor would have been a chore.

When I got my system the first two titles I purchased for it were Garou Densetsu Battle Archives Vol. 1, and SNK vs Capcom Chaos. It is great to finally own SVC Chaos it wasn't released on the PS2 in the states. One thing about Garou Battle Archives (Fatal Fury Collection vol 1) is that the games are straight NEO-GEO ports. The NEO collections in Japan are carbon copy ports of AES games. The Garou compilation runs flawless. NO sprite flicker whatsoever.

I will create new posts for when I get new import games and list my impressions. I just bought a ton more too!