Page Location: Home > Sega PS2 Games > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 12, 2006 9:26 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Good news! Me and Grubensau hopped online to test and yes the game is cross region compatible. Grubensau was having some router issues, so we didn't actually get to play a game. He needs to DMZ his PS2. However we were able to meet up in the lobby, so that is confirmation that the game is cross region!

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 19
Posted:
Sun May 14, 2006 5:26 pm
quote : #2
Nice to know!
Having another game to take on Grube in will be cool Wink
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:57 am
quote : #3
Yea I tried playing a match with Grub online a few months ago. He needs to DMZ his Playstation 2 on his router. Either that, or open up the specific ports needed to play it online. We could see each other online but once we started the race we couldn't see each others cars and were essentially racing by ourselves hehe.
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:36 am
quote : #4
I'd love to play this game online someday. It's great. I just unlocked my second gf in the coast 2 coast mode.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:43 pm
quote : #5
Well, it turns out this game has some problems with PAL vs NTSC. I just got done playing with pannta and blast. Once again, like with Grubensau, the race started, Blast dropped out of the game at the start of the race.

I am not sure how to get to the bottom of this. So few people have played this game online that I am not sure how to approach testing to figure out what the problem is.

Blast - Your PS2 is connected directly into your DSL / Cable modem right? Because you don't have a router yet correct? Also, does your Outrun display an option to change the hertz display from 50 to 60?
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:02 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
Well, it turns out this game has some problems with PAL vs NTSC. I just got done playing with pannta and blast. Once again, like with Grubensau, the race started, Blast dropped out of the game at the start of the race.

I am not sure how to get to the bottom of this. So few people have played this game online that I am not sure how to approach testing to figure out what the problem is.

Blast - Your PS2 is connected directly into your DSL / Cable modem right? Because you don't have a router yet correct? Also, does your Outrun display an option to change the hertz display from 50 to 60?

Ok a few things to explain here. Firstly why I wasent online for so long was cus I wasent signed in right DOH I have not played online before so what I have been doing is going to the C2C game and then signing in. This gives a list of friends and players but not the online options, it does verify DNAS etc. However for the 40 ish mins before I met up with you online I was connected in this mode but neither you nor Panta showed on the players list once. It was only when I checked the manual and saw that when being online I should be getting option like host race join race etc that I realised I was in the wrong place. That when I hopped online and saw you two. In my first game I didnt drop form the race I actualy finished its only when I got to the end that it said the game session was no longer available. I though I had won for a while but guessed I had been Dc'd. I think on the 2nd game I did loose connection to the race I think, not certain. I have a option of 50htz 60htz or 60htz progressive when the game loads. I use 60 htz as 60htz progressive does not pass the test on my TV. Hope some of that helps. It would be interesting to see that now you are on my friends list if yhou appear in the list when online when I am signed in via the C2C mode?

Laters
Posted:
Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:52 pm
quote : #7
Here is the latest update:

It looks as if there is some sort of bug in Outrun 2006. The developers probobly intended for the game to be cross region compatible, but there is a bug which drops players from either region from the match. This is regardless of the PAL user using 60hz mode.

I have tested this game with 4+ different PAL players and it all yields the same results. The race is about to start, and the player count drops from 2 to 1, and in the lower right it says "Player has left the match." I even retested this over the weekend with both Phedreeke and Blast.

Due to this information, and extensive testing, this game is now flagged as not cross region compatible for both LAN and online play.
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:06 am
quote : #8
I am pretty sure someone tested this game Pal to NTSC over X-link? I was going to try testing this with Ced last night but my Xlink is not working again now grrr horrible not reachable message again Evil or Very Mad I have chaged a few things on the PC recently so will have to see if I can weed out the culprit. Also side note we retested X111 a retest never hurts, still no dice.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:58 am
quote : #9
Blast, you and I tested this over XLink and over real Online remember? Both situations yield the same results where players are dropped at the start of the race.
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:32 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Blast, you and I tested this over XLink and over real Online remember? Both situations yield the same results where players are dropped at the start of the race.

LMAO brain like a sieve, no I dont remember that at all DOH. Now you know why i post in the wrong sections over an over Rolling Eyes

Laters