Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon May 08, 2006 10:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have been playing MGS3 consistantly online for the past few weeks. I am most impressed by the games framerate when playing online. It runs so smooth for looking as good as it does. The game modes are extremely fun, and it is interesting how the developers managed to squeeze in so much personality from the single player MGS experience.

I prefer 4 player max DM, and 6 players or less for all team modes. I can't stand it when the game is 8 player DM and everyone is spawning on top of each other. *ugh*

I have spent some good sessions with fellow OC user lanzarlaluna player 1 on 1. I personally LOVE head 2 head deathmatch. You have the entire map to sneak around and take your time. (Nobody to shoot you in the back when you are just about to move in for the kill).

I must stress however to all users who don't own this game yet, that you sort of need to know a bit about Metal Gear to completly enjoy the online experience. If anything you have to finish the single player campaign in MGS3 before taking this game online. Otherwise you won't get the hidden charm and underlying comedy when playing it online. So I recommend that you play the single player first (oh and by the way the cutscenes are meant to be watched in this game, not skipped!!!).

To those who have been playing this on the regular, hit me up and we can get on each others buddy lists.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 24
Posted:
Mon May 08, 2006 11:47 pm
quote : #2
Most def -- I haven't touched Metal Gear Online in a good while, so I'll get on this weekend and we can try out some Deathmatch and Sneaking Missions. Gotta keep on practicing, mostly. Razz
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 1:06 pm
quote : #3
MGO rules!

My user name is myspace/hooligan_77 on Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront and PSU are the only games I play online currently for my PS2.
killer-elite
rank 7
Posted:
Sat May 13, 2006 2:13 pm
quote : #4
Online for MGS3:SUB is freaken awesome... I mean the people at Konami have brought us a gem of a game. I'm currently in the proccess of beating MGS3:SUB single player, the single player by itself is worth my money - it just shows that re-selling a game with more then a few extras can pay off.

Einhander
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:10 pm
quote : #5
I just got this yesterday. I don't know how I played MGS3 with the old style camera.The only place I found the old camera better was one or two area indoors and (not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't beaten it) the second to the last battle (running around in circles) of the game. The secret theater is great, and I still get my ass handed to me in MG and MG2.

I fired up the online portion last night and just created some passworded games for myself just so I could explore the maps. The Killhouse maps I though were pretty small and lame, but man, City Under Siege is one of the coolest levels I've seen in a game period. I should be out and about sometime soon so maybe I'll see some of you guys online.

LNA-Big_D
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:00 pm
quote : #6
i have seen no comedy or hidden charm in online play. what am i looking for?[/quote]
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:29 pm
quote : #7
LNA-Big_D wrote:
i have seen no comedy or hidden charm in online play. what am i looking for?

It's mostly the gameplay mechanics themselves - the fact that the cardboard box, dirty magazine, etc. are available and affect certain characters differently (i.e. Major Raikov and the presence of a magazine).
Posted:
Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:42 pm
quote : #8
hey there ppl love this game to bits i own the first snake eater and loved it, and this one is even better (i only brought it for the online play and my son loves the extra levels on snake Vs monkey) so hope to see u all on the online play my name is PULSAR on it if u see me say hello...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:46 pm
quote : #9
Yea I wish I could say hello online to you carl250481. However the PAL and NTSC servers are region locked Mad
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:33 am
quote : #10
oh yeah sorry well hello anyway there (ill say it on here) .... its a shames that its like that aint it, they say when u play online ur playing against the world but in a way u are not. never mind.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 am
quote : #11
Yea it is a shame that most games are not cross region compatible.

See our Online Game List to find out which games are cross region. So then maybe we could play something online together sometime :]

Also, how many kills do you have in MGS3? I think I am at a ratio of 900 kills to 700 deaths about.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:08 am
quote : #12
Im going on it in abit so ill write it down then enter it in here!!!!!!

Posted Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:41 pm:

Right here it is

KILLS 459
DEATHS 641

And my ranking is 2728.

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:20 pm:

gettin better rankin now 2661.