Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Has Sony recalled these or asked all shops to take them off the shelf cus it seems impossible to find one from browsing online? Sad I have tried all the main retailers I can think of and some not so obvious ones. They are of course available on Ebay but with the current low price of PS2 goods in the UK I would rather try and find one in a reatail shop going cheap if posible Smile

Laters

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:11 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The same thing has happened here in America. The Network Adaptors used to be widely available. Now with the advent of the slim model PS2, stores have been pulling the network adaptors liquidating them for cheap. I scored an extra one a long while back, maybe last year for $19.99. Now they are no-where to be found in stores anymore.

The only place you can find them is on ebay, or at a lone Besy Buy or other retail outlet.

The reason they are so hard to find at this specific point in time, is that almost everyone still has their PS2's. The PS3 hasn't swept in causing people to migrate onto a new platform. With stores selling them all off, and users not trading in their PS2 hardware, the availablility of the network adaptor right now is at an odd low.

Dig around though and you should be able to find one. I wouldn't pay more than $35.00 for one though. Since they should drop in price down the road. Here they originally retailed for $39.99.
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:46 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Correct, when the slim model of the ps2 came out, I scored a network adapter for 15 dollars, brand new.