Page 1 of 1
x7x24x
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey guys,
I'm new here. I have an original playstation 2. I want to get online to play games. I know there is a section on here about what I need to get hooked up. It says I need a Sony Network Adapter. What exactly am I looking for? How much would it cost? Also I need an Ethernet cord because I have Verizon online. How much would those cost? Would I need to buy anything else to get online? I just don't want to get into spending too much money and I want to check things out before I get buying stuff. Thanks everyone.

Posted Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:39 pm:

Oh yeah, and the startup disc. What is it? Where do I get one? I want to play Madden 07 on this. Thanks

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:32 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
x7x24x wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm new here. I have an original playstation 2. I want to get online to play games. I know there is a section on here about what I need to get hooked up. It says I need a Sony Network Adapter. What exactly am I looking for? How much would it cost?

An official network adaptor will cost about 20-40 dollars.

x7x24x wrote:
Also I need an Ethernet cord because I have Verizon online. How much would those cost?

A en ethernet cable will run you 10 dollars or less.

x7x24x wrote:
Would I need to buy anything else to get online?

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_getonline.php#1

x7x24x wrote:
Hey guys,
It says I need a Sony Network Adapter. What exactly am I looking for?

You are looking for this:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS2/Accessories/SCPH-10281
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:43 pm
quote : #3
Hey thanks a lot i appreciate it Smile

Posted Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:02 pm:

Could someone help me out? I'm having trouble finding a reasonable price for the Network Adaptor. I found on Target's website that they were $19.99 but they don't have any in stock, that was the same as with another site. The rest I've seen are about $80.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:36 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea right now is a horrible time to get a network adaptor. Much of the stock are sitting in peoples homes hooked up to their consoles. Because stores are sold out, and Auction sellers see few on eBay they are listing them as RARE!!! and jacking up the price. It is an unfortunate situation. Try and get one for 40 or less if possible. Don't pay more. Especially since you are intending to play Madden which goes offline every year.
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm
quote : #5
Yeah I figured this would be a bad time, but thanks for the replies. You've been a lot of help.