Page Location: Home > Archive (General) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have filled in almost everything there is in the Online Game List. However I was watching GameSpot's Live Review, and have some more details rounding out the last info:

This game does not have LAN (which I sort of knew would be the case, because I own SLAI, and assume this runs off a similar network kit).

The game IS cross region compatible. So you can play against gamers in Japan, and also gamers in Europe when the game gets released there.

There is no clan support (atleast from what this review is saying). Which seems a bit strange since SLAI has it.

The online game list will have everything filled in shortly. The PDB is currently up and ready for when anyone gets the game.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:35 am
quote : #2
I'm a little down on the whole gaming with Japan thing. They've had the game longer then us and from what I understand, already exploit several glitches.
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:04 am
quote : #3
Well, I don't know whether that is something that comes from being able to play with Japanese players. If there is one thing American gamers do more than any other region, is cheat and grief other players. So within the first 1-2 weeks american players will be finding and taking advantage of as many glitches as they can find. Especially since this game has stat tracking.
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:06 am
quote : #4
I disagree. Korea is a well known country to feature greifing and insulting (seeing as they are the most networked country). It's not even funny xD

EDIT; MGS3 Subsistence is not Cross Reigon Compatible. Several people who have their copy confirmed this over at metalgearsolid.org. Apparently, only 17 people were playing yesterday. Some numbers went as low as 1 player.
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm
quote : #5
Hmmm Greg Kasavin in his Video Review stated he had been playing with the Japanese players. I am downloading the 338 MB file now to watch it again and see if he was using a japanese copy or not. I am pretty sure he was playing a north american copy of the game.

The service might be having some issues right now, so the lobbies might have been down for maintenence. They could also be leaving things cut off for now and then opening them up later in the week.

The reason why 17 players were on yesterday was because the game doesn't actually get into stores until today.

I read 1 thread at that mgs website, and the person who mentioned not being able to access any other region but his own, was too vague.
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:39 am
quote : #6
The game isn't cross region compatible. I'm on the lobby select screen right now.
Posted:
Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:22 am
quote : #7
IS metal gear online cross regional cause im yet to see anyone from america.
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:40 pm
quote : #8
carl250481 wrote:
IS metal gear online cross regional cause im yet to see anyone from america.

I don't see the reason for your post about cross region compatibility.

This is redundant. The answer to your question is directly above your reply.

Also, everything in the Online Game List is currently accurate. Consulting that list will also answer your question.

PLUS, I already answered this question specifically here:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14400#14400

To which you actually replied...
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:03 am
quote : #9
i know that u have answered this before its just that i seen what u said at the top where u wrote that it IS cross region compatible so i was a bit confused sorry

so now i know it isnt i wont be asking that question again.

thanks again
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:19 pm
quote : #10
That was old info. I forget what my basis for that claim was but it was early on when the game had just been released in the US and it was hard to tell if the game was cross region compatible or not. If you were referring to that specific point in the original post it would have been better to quote the line so I knew what you were referring to.

Just remember for future reference, the information in the Online Game List is the most current.