Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ubisoft has terminated the online functionality for Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. The game was taken offline somewhere around the 24th of November 2006. Not only has the Playstation 2 version been terminated, but the PC version as well. For weeks frustrated users on the official Pandora Tomorrow forums complained. Throughout November and into December fans of the game were left stranded with no word from the company or the game’s developers. Ubisoft gave no official announcement regarding the server closure. It wasn’t until disgruntled community members contacted customer support, to which they received the following response:

Response (Ubisoft technical support) - 12/10/2006 22:27

Hello,

We have new information about the Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow servers. Sadly due to the low number of players using this game on Ubi.com, the decision has been made to remove the multiplayer service. This has been a recent change in which the technical support team has just became aware of. Sorry for the inconvenience to yourself for this.

Kind Regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support.

---

I am sure by now many of you are used to this, and could have predicted the text of the customer service email. This is what happens to online games. They eventually go offline after the publishers feel there is no need to keep them running.

Luckily, with Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, there is a happy ending. This game has Local Area Network support. So unlike other online titles we can continue to enjoy this game via LAN play, or by tunneling the game over the Internet via services such as xlink. For those of you who are in the Player Database for Pandora Tomorrow, the game will still have a PDB, which can now be found in the system-link list.

If any PAL users could please check to see if their version of Pandora Tomorrow is still working, it would be greatly appreciated. If you sign online and get an “unknown error” screen, that means the PAL version has also been terminated.
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:24 pm
quote : #2
For this game, Xlink even has a proper arena set up!

segadreamcaster
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 am
quote : #3
Hey lord,

Yeah, I can confirm that the PAL version is also down Sad
Posted:
Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:21 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok thanks a ton for testing that. Without you testing that I would be left wondering for months.

This means I can assume the Korean version is also down.