Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Playstation 2 Temporary uk shop closure: Stupid! The playstation 2 uk shop has been closed for some time, I have been checking it regularly whilst I have been looking for a network adaptor. As its been down for so long I decided to phone the number that is provided for tracking orders and returns and just ask "Can I buy a network adaptor please" The guy who answers the phone tells me if I just buy one new or used from an auction site its no problem I can get everything I need from Sony after I aquire one. So I ask "cant I buy a Netwrok adaptor from Sony anymore" to which he answers "No not currently cus the shop is closed". So I ask "when will the shop be open again" he replies "2-3 months we hope to have it up for the PS3 launch"

Bloody hell thats stupid why couldent they just leave the old shop up and incorperate the new one after? Plus you can bet that even if they have any network adaptors left they wont advertise them in the new shop as they want everyone on PS3. Wonder if they do have any will they be left rotting in store rooms or shipped out the back door to the guy on Ebay who already has 46 at 39.99 a pop plus postage Mad Sad Just checked the US playstation site which is back up and they dont have any.

Did anyone notice if Sony had Network adaptors in the PS2 shop previous to it going down?

EDIT #1:

Intersting note, Just checked the Australian PS2 site and they sell the Network adaptor as part of the Official PlayStation 2 LINUX Kit but not stand alone.

EDIT #2:

Pal Network adaptor bidding/listing is going crazy

I have been bidding on netork adaptor on Ebay today as well as watching them over the last few days. Over the last two days most sellers who have multiple adaptors have hiked the price by at least 2 pounds so most units are going for nearly 40 pound including postage. Whats more scary is this Shocked here comes the next batch of network adaptors from a sell who hopes the others will follw suit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/playstation-network-adaptor-ps2_W0QQitemZ300069739441QQihZ020QQcategoryZ117047 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Even more crazy is the bidding. I have bid on 3 Network adaptors today, 1 ended pence (thats cents for US) under the cheapest buy it now price and the other 2 actualy exceeded the cheapest buy it now price listed, including all postage and packing costs. There was no difference at all in the 2 items that could have been bought cheaper on buy it now and they were all from reliable sellers with good feed back. I now have anothr bid on a netowrk adaptor and I am the high bidder at the moment but I am going to put a bet now that I will be outbid and the bidding will go over the cheapest buy it now auction.

I think people are going nuts there must be something in the water today.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:47 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Forget about the Playstation shop as an option. You probobly arn't going to get one there. Also, a linux kit is going to be pricey. They are rare now and are sought after collectors items (I am currently seeking one hehe).

If you really want to win a network adaptor auction, put in your max bid in the last 20 seconds. Entering it early on just hikes up the price. I win almost every auction because I snipe it in the last 15-20 seconds. I enter in a realistic number and people can't compete and are scrambling to catch up. Before they know it, it is too late and the auction is over, with me the victor.

If you spot a Buy It Now at a reasonable price, I would jump on it and get the purchase out of the way. Cool
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:26 pm
quote : #3
hey blast

i've got one sitting doing nothing just now, i picked up a slim line after my other ps2 broke down

let me no if your intrested

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:19 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
Forget about the Playstation shop as an option. You probobly arn't going to get one there. Also, a linux kit is going to be pricey. They are rare now and are sought after collectors items (I am currently seeking one hehe).

If you really want to win a network adaptor auction, put in your max bid in the last 20 seconds. Entering it early on just hikes up the price. I win almost every auction because I snipe it in the last 15-20 seconds. I enter in a realistic number and people can't compete and are scrambling to catch up. Before they know it, it is too late and the auction is over, with me the victor.

If you spot a Buy It Now at a reasonable price, I would jump on it and get the purchase out of the way. Cool

I shall if I spot a resonable one take the buy it now route Very Happy Sniping's not a lot of good at the moment with the netwrok adaptors as they are all reaching crazy prices even as I said above exceeding buy it now prices Confused

Fanoid will send you a PM Very Happy

Laters