cApNhOwDy
unknown
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Amplitude's goin offline. Check it out.
http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php?news_id=190#comments

So there ya go. though it'd report that, though im very tipsy ATM so please lemme know if there' smore details or another topic about this.already. I'll check back in the mornin when i'm sorber.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:08 am
quote : #2
Shame if its true as this looked an interesting game to try. I couldent get the link in the article you linked to to load but neither of them seem to be official announcements. Checked the online game list and there is a ? over other regions in the pal list but it is listed on the NTSC list therfore I asume that must mean its not certain if its cross region compatable. So that also asks the question is this only related to NTSC Pal or both.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:55 pm
quote : #3
If there was to be a single gaming site that I'd trust with news regarding musical games, it would be Bemanistyle. Those nerds go to great lengths to find out anything and everything to do with music games.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:13 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think this is credible information. For starters, Harmonix are not corporate shutins like EA or other companies. They are a pretty grass roots company (although that is changing quickly as their business is growing). It is very probable that Harmonix employees were talking to Kotaku writers and that is how the information got out.

I think the NA and PAL versions are not cross region compatible, due to the music selections in each game. However the question about whether 1 or both regions will be going offline is something that definatly needs to be answered.

Thanks for bringing this information to the communities attention cApNhOwDy. I nearly go out of my mind trying to track the lifespan of PS2 online games. I think I check each games homepage and the company websites every week for the hundreds of PS2 online games so I don't miss a termination date.

Just curious but can anyone here who owns amplitude check the game online to see if any news announcements were posted?
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:04 pm
quote : #5
I own this game, just checked online and there was no news announcement on the game server.

Another news article popped up about this on Kotaku, and the freq.com fan site has a thread of its own about it:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/amplitude/amplitude-online-server-getting-axed-237438.php
http://www.freq.com/bb/showthread.php?t=335

Specifically, Kotaku states that the (presumably NTSC) server will shut down Monday, February 26th.

This is definitely sad news for me. Amplitude was seriously THE game (besides Frequency) that made me go online with my PS2. Sad Here's to hopes that some hacks/unofficial servers come up in the future.
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:42 pm
quote : #6
lol its all i had to play besides glitcher hawk underground to play on dialup
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:53 pm
quote : #7
We should set up some matches before this awesome games goes offline.

I'm gonna try to make it to the final get together for the game too.

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:29 pm
quote : #8
I'm going to head online early morning on the last day to get every remix on my HDD.

EDIT: Did they take down the remix repository? I can't get a single thing out of it outside of a warning.

Speaking of the news announcement, it's been the same since late 2003. I'll have a video for you on the final day, nikon.
Posted:
Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:59 pm
quote : #9
I haven't been able to get remixes forever, like months Sad

MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:34 am
quote : #10
Yeah, I also tried the remix depository, but it gave me an error. It might've been shut down a long time ago as gRiMgRaVy014 suggested. I'll have to see if any existing remixes that I had downloaded from there are still on my memory card/HDD...

I'm definitely gonna make time to be there on the final reunion. I was there (albeit for a little bit) for Frequency's closing and I'll be there for Amplitude's closing as well.
Posted:
Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:35 pm
quote : #11
I have somewhere around 20 or so remixes on my one memory card, I'm glad I got them when I did Smile

We should set up some matches on or before D day Smile

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:05 pm
quote : #12
I'll be on tommorow night under Josh221.
Posted:
Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:16 pm
quote : #13
I'll be online under the same name as here.

Packet log a go go!

JimSensei
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:12 am
quote : #14
I'll be recording, so if you're an OC member hit me up and we can record a game together.
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:52 pm
quote : #15
I hope I can make it to the games tomorrow, I remembered that I have stuff going on at meh school Sad