profile : pm
Amplitude is now offline.
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:47 am
quote : #17
JimSensei wrote:
Amplitude is now offline.

It says earlier in the thread that this game is not cross region. Under your name is NTSC but you are listed in the Pal PDB, which version are you confirming this for? or do you have both?

Laters
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:43 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Blast: He is not listed in the PAL PDB. Any game that has a ????? for its cross region support has a single PDB for both regions. If I don't know whether the game is cross region, users will share the same PDB for simplicity. It is my best guess that Amplitude is not cross region, but I don't put "guesses" into the online game list. Only proven tested information. So Amplitude stays questionable for its cross region support.

If I could find out if Amplitude requires central station login access, then that would prove that the games are not cross region compatible.
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:45 pm
quote : #19
A couple of players told me that Amplitude was not cross region compatible, but it is still online with no plans for it to close. I'll post when I have more information.
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:33 pm
quote : #20
Ah, such a sad day when an online game dies. Goodbye, Amplitude, we hardly knew ye. Errr, actually I didnt know you at all. I dont own a copy of the game. Nor does my PS2 go online. Hmmm.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:43 pm
quote : #21
Fuck, I was gonna set up after school and play most of the night.

I even moved my tv back into my room.

Only to be greeted with an error message.

Evil or Very Mad

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:45 pm
quote : #22
gRiMgRaVy014, you are getting an error message now? Can anyone else confirm?
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:33 am
quote : #23
Amplitude went offline and I forgot to play last night. Damn it, I completely forgot. Sad

I'm busy the rest of this week but will try to confirm if it's really offline tomorrow.
Posted:
Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:52 am
quote : #24
The game IS offline. Other players on GameFaqs and Freq.com have posted messages that they were knocked off at 7:20 in the morning. I fell asleep while waiting for the server to close (with my game and system still on) and woke up to find an error message.
Posted:
Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm
quote : #25
lordnikon wrote:
Blast: He is not listed in the PAL PDB. Any game that has a ????? for its cross region support has a single PDB for both regions. If I don't know whether the game is cross region, users will share the same PDB for simplicity. It is my best guess that Amplitude is not cross region, but I don't put "guesses" into the online game list. Only proven tested information. So Amplitude stays questionable for its cross region support.

If I could find out if Amplitude requires central station login access, then that would prove that the games are not cross region compatible.

Sorry, just went to pal games pdb and got it wrong Rolling Eyes Dont know if the game went via central station or not so cant say anything more. If I see the game available for rent I will rent and confirm.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:16 pm
quote : #26
Blast wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Sorry, just went to pal games pdb and got it wrong Rolling Eyes Dont know if the game went via central station or not so cant say anything more. If I see the game available for rent I will rent and confirm.

Laters

Well I don't have an explanation up on the site so it was an easy mistake. I need to add it to the Player Database description in the Game Org section.