1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 11:26 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey all, I just though I would give you guys a heads up that this game is going offline June 22nd. Not to worry because it has LAN, so we can tunnel the game.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 1:52 pm
quote : #2
I'm gunna realy have to give this game a go now. I've had it for a couple of months and haven't touched it yet...
rank 59
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 1:57 pm
quote : #3
The main reason to get online before the servers go down, is if you wanted to download any of the user-created maps from the online archive. I have no idea how we will distribute user created maps after the servers go down. It is something I have yet to experiment with.

We will most likely all have to start buying devices to transfer PS2 game saves to the PC.

It is a shame that other consoles wern't setup like the Dreamcast where you could easily transfer files.

If you guys find some really cool maps online let me know. I have my HDD, so I could download massive quantities of maps and move them over to the HDD for safe keeping. So if you guys are low on memory card space, hit me up and I can back up anything you want.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 2:52 pm
quote : #4
Id imagine there'd be a crap-load of Goldeneye/Perfect Dark maps for it. I remember a fair few games magazines over here with tutorials on how to make them on TS 2.
rank 27
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 5:16 pm
quote : #5
heh....either way I don't your missing out on much.
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 pm
quote : #6
That sucks because user maps can't be played over LAN right? Transferring saves is actually pretty easy because it can be done with a Flash Drive and AR Max. I guess I'll just wait longer to get TS3 now.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 6:52 pm
quote : #7
So far it hasn't been tested whether TS3 can run maps over the LAN. I have 2 copies of the game as well as multiple PS2's, so this is something I can do.
rank 23
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 8:15 pm
quote : #8
Maybe I'm thinking of Tony Hawk?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 9:11 pm
quote : #9
Apple wrote:
Maybe I'm thinking of Tony Hawk?

Not sure about that one, but maybe you are thinking of Timesplitters 2, that doesn't support custom maps over the LAN. Cool
rank 23
Posted:
Thu May 24, 2007 10:45 pm
quote : #10
Ah yes that's right and makes a lot more sense.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Fri May 25, 2007 5:35 pm
quote : #11
Bummer its going offline Sad but its the push I need to get on and test the servers. My knowledge of LAN is very limited at present so I have no idea of what it offers how to tunnel etc so cant pass comment.

Laters
Posted:
Fri May 25, 2007 10:44 pm
quote : #12
Blast wrote:
...My knowledge of LAN is very limited at present so I have no idea of what it offers how to tunnel etc so cant pass comment.

Laters

Don't worry, me and Apple have tunneled TimeSplitters 2 before. It is super duper easy.

I will have tutorials setup for this through a variety of applications.

Setting up xlink is very very hassle free. You basically run the software on your PC and then set your PS2 to connect via DHCP. The xlink software will suck all packets from the PS2 over your LAN and route them online. We can make rooms on xlink and basically play any LAN game we want.

Xlink is publically accessable, but the software isn't released. So, the application we currently use for true independent support is one called Gamers Internet Tunnel, also known as GIT. This takes a little more troubleshooting, but xlink is a lot easier to setup so that is the one we will use first and foremost. GIT is like the backup plan.

I will have very detailed guides up on how to setup tunneling. For a game like TimeSplitters Future Perfect, tunneling the game is easier than signing online with it. You have to jump through hoops before you sign online such as the DNAS check and signing into EA's network. For LAN it simply connects to the local network and thats it. The xlink application runs on your PC and you just host a game and everyone playing will see your game on their PS2's.

Trust me, the days of worrying about titles going offline like at the DC site are over. We have over 40 online forever titles here, and we will be able to play TimeSplitters Future Perfect online forever no problem.
rank 19
Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 4:16 pm
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:
Blast wrote:
...My knowledge of LAN is very limited at present so I have no idea of what it offers how to tunnel etc so cant pass comment.

Laters

Don't worry, me and Apple have tunneled TimeSplitters 2 before. It is super duper easy.

I will have tutorials setup for this through a variety of applications.

Setting up xlink is very very hassle free. You basically run the software on your PC and then set your PS2 to connect via DHCP. The xlink software will suck all packets from the PS2 over your LAN and route them online. We can make rooms on xlink and basically play any LAN game we want.

Xlink is publically accessable, but the software isn't released. So, the application we currently use for true independent support is one called Gamers Internet Tunnel, also known as GIT. This takes a little more troubleshooting, but xlink is a lot easier to setup so that is the one we will use first and foremost. GIT is like the backup plan.

I will have very detailed guides up on how to setup tunneling. For a game like TimeSplitters Future Perfect, tunneling the game is easier than signing online with it. You have to jump through hoops before you sign online such as the DNAS check and signing into EA's network. For LAN it simply connects to the local network and thats it. The xlink application runs on your PC and you just host a game and everyone playing will see your game on their PS2's.

Trust me, the days of worrying about titles going offline like at the DC site are over. We have over 40 online forever titles here, and we will be able to play TimeSplitters Future Perfect online forever no problem.

Cool Cool Think I am in need of some stuff for my PC though.

Laters
Posted:
Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm
quote : #14
Well fuck. TS3 is a blast to play online, and sharing maps has always been awesome. I'm very interested as to whether or not you can play custom maps in LAN, hopefully someone with the proper setup can test it soon.

I only have one map uploaded right now, but it's called "Shudder". It's a multiple story egyptian style map. I think it's pretty rad, so you guys should check it out if you have the time. I've made a few improvements to it since then, but haven't re-uploaded it. If you try it out, let me know what you think about it.

At least we'll have XLink and GIT. This game is way too much fun to lose.

ced818
rank 6
Posted:
Tue May 29, 2007 7:54 pm
quote : #15
Yeah, the game is greatness in its own little multiplayer way. I love using my snipe tactics, which consist of the strafe and fire.
The maps were cool as well, Ive played some really wicked maps, mainly in particular the red vs blue, maps..