Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
ced818
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Can anyone explain why resident evil outbreak File 2 was offline before the first?. Its very odd, how this game went offline before the first Outbreak? How in the world did that happen?
Posted:
Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:46 am
quote : #2
ced818 wrote:
Can anyone explain this to me. Its very odd, how this game went offline before the first Outbreak? How in the world did that happen?

Yeah that's strange, maybe there were more people playing the first one online than on the second one.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:41 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Pretty sure it had to do with the fact that the first RE: Outbreak actually sold quite well (became a GH game, BTW). I'm sure most of the die-hards had moved on to RE: Outbreak 2, but I believe the first one still had a decent online population despite this.
Posted:
Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:46 am
quote : #4
No one really knows why the game was closed in Europe and America. The thing about the Outbreak games is that getting into a game is very hard. Most people tend to stick to closed matches with players they know as opposed to hosting a random game with random players. It is REALLY easy to teamkill people, and cheating is easier. You'll see 100 players online, but only 20 of them would be playing and the others would either be idle or chatting. This is all coming from experince on the US server, as I had never played the European version (and from what I heard, you'd only find 40 people online at the most).

The game is still online in Japan with about 100 people on during peak times. Nobody touches the Japanese version of Outbreak 1. The US version of Outbreak has about 80 people online, but suffers the same issues that File 2 suffers. Before File 2 closed, you'd see 20 people in Outbreak 1 during peak time.
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:53 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
In japan servers resident evil outbreak file#1 file#2 still work?
О__о

Hunk91
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:13 pm
quote : #6
Type: PAL
There are alternative servers for Outbreak file #1 and #2. Go and chek at : [url]obsrv.org[/url]

But you can only play with the japanese version of those games. Some patchs do exist for both games (translations and other things).

If you want to play again to those games, you need to play import games if you have a NTSC-US or PAL console and to register to [url]obsrv.org[/url]

It's still fun to play those games after so long!

see you

Playing: Biohazard Outbreak File#2, SWBF II, TAA
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:31 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes... but... the problem is that they have not released the binaries to the public.

So far Onlineconsoles is the only site supporting the public distribution of server binaries, and the only site to have released something to users with the Tribes Aerial Assault Master List. Every other effort out there to run a private server for the PS2 has the server being run by a central entity, just like the corporations when they were officially online.

I still need to figure out how to handle this on the forums as I am trying to only support perminant "online forever" games going forward. As the binaries are not in the public domain for RE:O, games like it would not qualify.