Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:05 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I thought I would post this here because it holds the most relevence to PS2 as far as the consoles featured here at OC. Yahoo has reported that AOL will be paying Electronic Arts for being able to offer EA's online games to their users. AOL will be paying $27.5 Million over two years for rights to carry the games. EA detailed the new deal in a quarterlt file report with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

LordNikon Says: This does not look good for any sort of lasting subtinance in EA online gaming. EA will probobly start charging fee's and now with AOL having a strangle hold on EA online gaming, this means things will get turned into a marketing machine. Originality and gameplay features will go down the crapper, in favor of cheesy menu screens, poor interface, and advertising the line-ups to every dumb idiot, non-tech savey person on the planet.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:45 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
.......sounds fun. Confused but i mean all these things can or can not happen. So, if u had to say, what are the odds of this beautiful way of introduction to online gaming for the playstation 2 users out there to become a negative experience?