Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
This thread may be Pal specific I dont know please anyone from NTSC region feel free to enlighten.

I feel at the moment this is a unique time to be buying PS2 games in the UK at least. With the release of the PS3 and other new consoles a lot of stores are in a transitional stage of clearing and restocking. Ps2 games in stores like Asda Comet and Blockbuster can either be found at rediculously low prices or are bering reduced regularly. However as this is clearance in most cases this is a unique time at which you will see these games at these prices for a short period in stores at least. I suggest anyone who isnt gets out and gets looking in anywhere they suspect may be clearing out. This period I reckon started around 3 months back where I noted certain games like Gauntlet 7 sorrows and Juiced at reduced prices and I did not buy them Sad Now I have missed the boat on those as far as discount store purchases go as I havent seen a copy of either in 2 months at least or if I do see one its not being cleared and is 5 pounds more than it was 3 months ago. I have picked up many bargins of late and this is in my opinion the time if like me you like to decide to buy a game and then go buy it in store Very Happy

NOTE: This is specificly related to in store purchases most of the games will still be available via ebay etc at cheap prices however I am an impulsive kind of guy who when I decide I want a game goes to my local mall and hunts it out rather than ordering online. Ordering online is my 2nd option.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:46 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Heh, this isn't a PAL specific occurrence. Seems like you can walk into any game store now in the US and find high-quality PS2 games at $15 or less.

Quite a few PS2 games have held their value over the years though. One game I am currently trying to obtain, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, regularly fetches anywhere from $55 to $70 on eBay, even though it was released in 2004. Rez and Gitaroo Man, the first two really sought-after titles on PS2, were eventually repressed, but still command a high price. I myself have been stocking up on PS2 games as of late, with my largest purchase costing me only $17.

Funny you mention Blockbuster though Blast. Here in the US, they are running a 'Buy 1, Get 1 Free' promotion on their used games. I saw a decent variety of games, but you have to be a discriminate shopper and ask for the manuals, as many of the games are 'gutted' before they are put onto the shelves (meaning manuals and sometimes the original case are either trashed or kept behind the counter).
Posted:
Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:40 pm
quote : #3
Good to see its bargin time in USA too Smile I Havent spent more than 9.99 on a game since I started buying up cheap games 3 months ago. The two that cost me the more were both 9.99 Everybodys golf and Midnight club 2 dub edition remix. Blockbuster here are selling games older one for like 2.99-3.99 I picked up Rocky legends for 3.99 and tghey are selling games with no artwork for 1 pound to 2.99. Some crazy stuff going on, yesterday I had to turn down Time splitters 2 at 3.99 as I am well short of cash at the moment Sad decided that if I play over Xlink I have TSFP already, I only really want one versikon of games I wont play that often. The cheapest game I picked up so far was in bBlockbuster International superstar soccer 99 pence Cool

Laters