Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
ares
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
here's the trick all of us older players use. just unplug your ethernet cable when the kick comes up, you will be disconnected. when you reconnect your connection you will be able to rejoin the server. if some idiot still tries to kick you just change your name for a bit. sometimes if the game is really heating up, players will kick people with lower points to allow better players to join the server or to get the server to teamswitch the best player on the other team. then again some tribers are just asshats. once you get decent you won't have to worry about it as much. Smile

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:37 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
ares wrote:
then again some tribers are just asshats.

More often than not I run into this. It will be me and a teamate trying to take out 1 enemy. His health drops down from enemy fire, and then 1 of my spinfuser shots grazes him and he dies, causing a TK. Then he is suddenly voting to kick me. Obviously it was a mistake, but no the guy is so enraged that he has to kick people.

Often times when this happens I just go and join another server, and message comes friends for some duels. If people are going to be jerks in a server, I'd rather not play with them at all.
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:07 pm
quote : #3
i had to park my tribe in my not going to play stack cause of these asswhipes keep kicking me and its not that i'm bad (to me taa is like q3a in crack) and i'm pretty good but they will kick you cause they don't know you or there favorite words...that spot is for a friend so get off when i say no i get kicked Evil or Very Mad
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:05 am
quote : #4
Jerks will never make me stop playing Tribes. I just move to a different server. If nobody is on, I will idle for a bit. Eventually someone will drop in with the preverbial "Hiiiiii!!" chat phrase. Followed by "Awesome..!"
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:45 am
quote : #5
don't let those idiots get to you, tribes is really a great game. if you want you can contact me on AIM and i will show you some of the best tactics to use when playing. i guarantee you'll get better in a short timespan. i have learned from some of the best players of my time and wouldn't mind giving anyone a quick crash course on anything. i usually cap and chase in clan matches but i have acquired a pretty above average skill level at flag defense, disrupting, and base defense. so contact me if you want any tips. Very Happy

arestaa

trishlovesdolphin
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:02 am
quote : #6
Yeah, I was getting kicked/voted off all over the place last night.. I dunno why. but it was from the same guy EVERYTIME even when I would go into different rooms.
Posted:
Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:13 pm
quote : #7
i don't have this game, but i can relate to ppl being asses on online games. i usually use the best long range weapons and my teammates will kill me for them Mad . i can understand accidental TK's but when it's on purpose it just ruins the game. I haven't played anything online PC or PS2 since the last time it happened. but to make this fit better in this thread I will say that the fact that everyone kicks everyone else out discourages others from getting the game (but only a little).

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:47 pm
quote : #8
It is rather frustrating because you will be in the middle of a heated match, having fun, and then you get ripped out of the game for no good reason. Just because some other player gets insecure and pissed, and takes it out on you. Then you can't get back in and your only option is to sit in an empty server waiting for others to join. It can be really frustrating at times.

In the end I try not to let it get me down. I will usually switch to play something else for a bit, and then come back to Tribes. Usually the games will have split off into two matches and I there will be a new one for me to join.