Page Location: Home > Sega PS2 Games > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
The Sega Ages site was updated recently and it specifically states that the upcoming Sega Ages 2500 release of the Arcade version of Virtual On Cybertroopers will have Local Area Network support.

This is huge news if you are a Sega fan, and even bigger news if you come from the Dreamcast area of OC. We now have another online forever Sega Arcade game for the Playstation 2.

I knew this game was coming out for over a year now, but the fact that LAN support has been added is a complete shock. Here is the translation from the official website:

Quote:
- A fighting mode and a new element of enhancement corresponding to a variety of play environments have been installed.

It fights screen separation, and correspond to a wide monitor of 16:9 to say nothing of a faithful arcade mode to the original LAN fighting that furthermore uses two or more main bodies of PS2 is achieved, too. In addition, it sends it by an outsize volume in which many prepare an additional element like a domestic original mode, a new rule, a new color, and the model appreciation function like the ranking mode etc. , etc.

Also under the product listing both the Network Adaptor and Playstation BB are listed as supported, which means this game could also have HDD support.

So who is ready for VIRTUAL ON CYBERTROOPERS ONLINE?

For you Sega fanatics out there who do not have an import solution for the PS2 yet, you better get this sorted out before October rolls around. Smile

Links:
http://sega.jp/ps2/ages31/
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2007/07/15/104,1184483387,75235,0,0.html
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 pm
quote : #2
HOLY SHIT! This is... wow. Shocked

I am seriously freaking out right now. I have no idea what I am going to do regarding this release. I cannot afford a Japanese PS2 at the moment. So I am likely going to score a Swap Magic disc with VR-On.

Never saw this one coming though.
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:37 pm
quote : #3
Yes I am just as shocked as you are. I never expected this to have LAN support. Lets just hope the game has optimized network code. Otherwise it will be like Mario Kart Double Dash on GameCube where it synchs every frame, meaning tunneling is out of the question.

Even still, this is huge news. It is sort of like a Dream. I am in the same mindstate right now, that I was in when the Dreamcast shooters were coming out each spring.

Supposedly this is a direct port of the MODEL 2 arcade game, rather than a port of the Saturn / PC version.

This is now my #1 most anticipated release of the year. I cannot wait until this comes out. I will be buying 2-copies of the game, so I can rock this via LAN in full effect.
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 pm
quote : #4
cant imagine sony will grace us with a US version.

might be mod chip time.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000