Page Location: Home > Archive (News) > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Originally all information on killzone was coming out of European based gaming sites. US sites were getting little or no information on the game. EUR sites were getting exclusive interviews and video sneak previews. All indications that this game was going to hit europe first were there. Since the development company works out of europe and sony of europe pushing their 'network gaming' they are looking for another high end title to drive more people to get broadband and get online with the Sony Playstation 2. (For those of you who didn't already know PS2 online in europe is broadband only.)

At a press conference for Sony's upcoming releases in 2004, they officially confirmed Killzone is on schedule to release in Quarter 4 of 2004 in North America. A few other new details were revealed as well. The game will support 12 players online, as well as full USB headset compatibility. There will be 11 different environments(maps) in the game. The multi-player features will both include team-based and competative gameplay.

rank 7
Posted:
Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:28 pm
quote : #2
Maybe they could add in some HDD support so we could download maps, skins, patches etc

Memphissss
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:32 pm
quote : #3
that would be bad ass since the hard drive will enable us to do so and since there are things for pc man that would rule for ps2 new maps and patches, im always wanting more conntent, i never knew that online play in europe wa bb only i think its because bb is cheaper over there i think i seen the price at less than 20 bucks .... at broadbandreports.com