Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
David Jaffe has started a new game studio in Utah with former Incognito founder Scott Campbell. Their first announced game is Twisted Metal Head On for the Playstation 2 platform!!! It will contain lost levels from the planned but never released Twisted Metal Black 2, as well as a documentary on the Twisted Metal series.

WOW!!!

WOW!!!

Shocked

This is something I never would have expected to happen. I am completly blown away right now. Yet, I can't sit still due to overexcitement.

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:23 am
quote : #2
In the press release, it just said Twisted Metal Black: Part II. I saw nothing about an online portion.

This news is really disturbing. For one, what happened to TMB 2? Why did this project stay grounded? How will these levels compare to the original Black? Hopefully, the documentary will shed light on the situation.
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:30 am
quote : #3
TheMytho wrote:
In the press release, it just said Twisted Metal Black: Part II. I saw nothing about an online portion.

Yea my fault that was a typo on my part. I fixed it. I meant to just write Twisted Metal Black 2. Adding the online text I guess was just second nature hehe :]

TheMytho wrote:
This news is really disturbing. For one, what happened to TMB 2? Why did this project stay grounded? How will these levels compare to the original Black? Hopefully, the documentary will shed light on the situation.

I love the dark nature of Twisted Metal Black. It is a shame a sequel never came out. Do you feel Head On's brighter more colorful look will pose a problem for integrating the lost TMB2 maps? It is going to be named as "Head On" so you know it is going to be a straight up port of the PSP version and spruced up a bit. If they were going to make the game look like Twisted Metal Black, then they might as well call it TMB2, rather than Head On.
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:53 am
quote : #4
Yeah, I think if these 'lost levels' followed pretty closely in the footsteps of the original Black, then yes, they are really going to contrast with the cheery, vivid levels of Head-On. It'll be like putting Resident Evil-esque levels, complete with Gothic architecture and a brooding atmosphere, into a Mario game. I already own Head-On for the PSP though, so this purchase for me is to get a glimpse into what could of been.
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:08 am
quote : #5
oh i will definently want to purchase this, but even if it has no online im pretty sure they would at least put in LAN and we could tunnel it

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:07 pm
quote : #6
noonotthat wrote:
oh i will definently want to purchase this, but even if it has no online im pretty sure they would at least put in LAN and we could tunnel it

That would be nice. I havent played Twisted metal since the last version I played on the PS1, think that was twisted metal 3 and it was great Very Happy Sure would like try one of the PS2 versions online tunneled or however at some point.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:03 pm
quote : #7
For starters, Blast you should look into buying Twisted Metal Black on the PS2. I would track down both the original TMB and TMB:Online as well. They are amazing games, and by far my favorites in the series because of the dark gritty tone of the games.

As for online in the PS2 version of Twisted Metal Head On, it is not my primary concern at this point. We already have Twisted Metal Black Online, that is online forever. So any network functions in Head On would be simply bonus features. Also, there is no way Head On can compare to the quality of Black, so lets get that out of the way right now. Will I be happy if the game has network functions? Yea sure. Though in the end I am simply happy that another PS2 Twisted Metal game is coming out.

It is 2007 people, and they just announced a new Twisted Metal game for the Playstation 2. This is weird weird weird, but awesome awesome awesome!!
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:30 pm
quote : #8
i have the psp ver. and i'll like to say its gonna be a good port to ps2
Posted:
Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 am
quote : #9
Has there been any updates on this awsome peice of game?

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 am:

This might the first time on OC where I post areal update for a thread...!

here is a link to some (Official) info of the game..

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS2/Games/Twisted_Metal_Head_On_Extra_Twisted_Edition?DCMP=ILC-HP_1102 &LINK=NBA08#
Posted:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:00 pm
quote : #10
well I just picked up the game today, I haven't played it yet, but i love the $20 price tag, its dissapointing though its only 2 player, they didn't even add 4 player multi tap support, but oh well at least you have all the extra levels and bonus material and whatnot.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:11 pm
quote : #11
I have mine here as well. I have yet to crack open the plastic wrap. Its pretty cool having the same Twisted Metal Black text running vertically down the side.

Also I think the reason for not including 4 player support, is that they wanted to maintain 60 frames per second. It is hard to fault Head On for PS2 on any of its multiplayer support. We already have Twisted Metal Black for 4-8 players.
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 pm
quote : #12
yeah i guess, it would just be nice to play some new levels with 4 people, i dont think it would really be thta hard though, it was a psp game, but im still not really that mad since it was only $20, I can't get over that lol, it makes me so happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:58 am
quote : #13
Well I just got done playing for over 3 hours straight. I am amazed that they turned the Twisted Metal Black 2 lost levels into its own game, and re-modeled all of the cars from Twisted Metal Black. This made me really happy since I am such a huge TMB fan. I thought they were going to cram the TMB2 levels as unlockable levels for HeadOn. I really like the treatment they gave by seperating them.

I ended up beating both single player campaigns, but a lot of the unlockables are tucked away in bonus levels placed throughout maps.
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:04 pm
quote : #14
I was about to get this game but I got Battlefield: Modern Combat just because it is ONLINE...srry guys, maybe next time i'll think about getting this game over another, plus I had to buy other stuff for my other stuff.
Posted:
Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm
quote : #15
For anyone interested, this game is $11.69 on Amazon.com right now. I finally bought it. =] FYI: You get free shipping on Amazon if your purchase is $25 or more.