Topic: Nine Breaker LAN issues

Page 1 of 1
ced818
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Alright... Pannta and I just recently attemped to xlink and play Nine Breaker. It was.. intresting. The first time we connected, It got us into the game for about 6 seconds and then the connection dropped on us. The other 20-50 odd times we tried to connect it wouldnt get to the 'Now Loading' screen. Hell we couldn't even get to the start game button.

As we asked someone who later join in the (this guy frequently plays AC:LR but put down the greatness to comeplay NB) he explained it was mostlikely cause Pannta was from Mexico. Thought it was odd for a minute and then I connected with the guy. First match ran perfectly but when it got back to the menu screen after the match was over, it dropped connection.

We tried this again. It worked but it dropped connection... oddly... the guys ps2 froze and that was the reason. When he tried to connect to Pannta with NB he got the same results. Now i know first hand that NB is tricky and unfriendly but wow, that was totally wrong. I've played different games with people in mexico and further than mexico tunneling ps2 and xbox, but I wonder why AC:NB is so, anal about that.
Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:19 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Man, it was so frustrating yet hilarious!!, i think that it has something to do with ping limit on the game.
this is the first time that i have some sort of trouble playing a game over xlink.
Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:09 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
It could also be that one or both of you have mediocre upstream on your broadband connections. LAN games usually require a decent amount of upstream to stay stable. If one or both of you merely have 15kb/s upstream then it will definatly cause some problems.

Physical Location on the Planet + Upstream + Nodes between each other are what affect connection stability