Topic: Need help starting

Page 1 of 1
metallicafan87
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How do I get started with this? I want to hook up my slim ps2 to this but I dont know what Im doing. Can anyone help??

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:40 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
When you say "hook up my slim ps2 to this" do you mean getting online?

Read over this guide for some information to get you started:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_getonline.php

Then come back with any questions and I would be happy to help. Wink
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 pm
quote : #3
Well, for starters, do you have dial-up or broadband? If you have broadband, then your fine. But if you have dial-up, you need to check the back of your Slim and see if you have an integrated modem/phone jack.

Second of all, in order to create a network profile, you will either have to get the Online Start-Up Disc that came with your console or check your online games to see if they contain the profile creation tool. Nearly every game I believe contains this tool. The process of creating a network profile itself is a snap.

EDIT: Got beaten to the proverbial punch. Follow the guide, then feel free to ask any questions.

Kelsey92504
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:43 pm
quote : #4
I have at&t dsl internet service, and I use a motorola modem. My playstation 2 is the slim version. I was able to create a network configuration and establish a connection, but I play hell joining game sessions. Sometimes it says could not connect to host or all players or sometimes it just says join failed. Can anyone help tell me what I can do to fix this? Is it fixable?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:29 pm
quote : #5
Kelsey92504 wrote:
I have at&t dsl internet service, and I use a motorola modem. My playstation 2 is the slim version. I was able to create a network configuration and establish a connection, but I play hell joining game sessions. Sometimes it says could not connect to host or all players or sometimes it just says join failed. Can anyone help tell me what I can do to fix this? Is it fixable?

Ahh, they only give certain states that modem and I'm in one of em. I just said screw them and got another type of modem after the one they sent died out on me that works fine. But anyways, when you setup the connection, did you set it up as A PPPoe (where you need to input your username and password somehwere into your config profile) connection instead of a DHCP auto-config one? Also, if you just moved your ethernet cord back and forth from pc to the system you should've turned the modem off for at least 30seconds and then back on.
Posted:
Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm
quote : #6
I set it up using broadband connection and dhcp, because i dont have to enter my username and password when connecting to the internet. Even though i dont have to enter that info should I still set it up that way?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 pm
quote : #7
Kelsey92504 wrote:
I set it up using broadband connection and dhcp, because i dont have to enter my username and password when connecting to the internet. Even though i dont have to enter that info should I still set it up that way?

Are you certain you don't need to enter that information? From what I remember the modem would store login info so you wouldn't have to do it all the time for the PC but when I would use it with my PS2 I would have to setup a PPPoe configuration to connect through. It may just be Oklahoma but for the most part SBC requires you to login whenever you use the internet. It isn't completely plug n play like cable internet. Just make certain if someone at any point already entered the login info that may be stored on the modem.
Posted:
Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 pm
quote : #8
Yes I positive. All we have to do is click on the internet explorer button and the internet pops up. Sometimes after 1 day we might have to enter username and password to access email. Our internet is actually called dry loop dsl. So do I need to change any network settings to get it to work better?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:38 pm
quote : #9
Kelsey92504 wrote:
Yes I positive. All we have to do is click on the internet explorer button and the internet pops up. Sometimes after 1 day we might have to enter username and password to access email. Our internet is actually called dry loop dsl. So do I need to change any network settings to get it to work better?
Welp, I'm don't think that dry loop DSL would make to much of a difference, but it wouldn't hurt to try to setup a PPPoe config with that username and password you guys occasionly use to access your email and see how it pans out.