Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So, what are some good USB memory backup cards? I am looking to pick up a memory card and usb transfer cable to move files from a memory card to the PC. Just wondering if anyone has any specific cards they have had good experiences with.

I plan on seeing if its possible to backup patches from various games, and then send them to someone else. This would be very important for games such as Star Wars Battlefront, Socom, and Project Snowblind. All of which are LAN games. So if they ever go offline, it would be nice to have the patches backed up so people would run the games in their best performance.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:31 pm
quote : #2
Well I've been looking to get somethign like this myself, but the only one I know about is
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=282
for $30
Theres also the one that comes with action replay:
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294
for $40
It also lets you play old megadrive ROMs that your burn into CD-R which is kinda kool. I think they also come in different sizes of USB flash, but I doubt you'll need that much space since you'll be able to transfer your saves to your PC.

Are there any other ones your know of?

Edit: I dont have either of them, so I cant say much for how well it works.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:07 pm
quote : #3
my friend has the one with the action replay and it seems to work good
Posted:
Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:17 am
quote : #4
I was wondering, how does the usb drive work without action replay. Does the ps2 detect the usb drive a memory card, because it looked to me that you needed action replay to transfer game saves from the memory card to the usb drive. Can you clairfy this for me?

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:01 pm
quote : #5
i think you need to have the software too
Posted:
Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:01 pm
quote : #6
You do need it. I have AR Max, but I have yet to format my flash drive and try it. (I wonder where my flash drive is...)

Freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:38 am
quote : #7
The Action Replay sounds like its worth the money to me. I like the CD-R compatibility and emulator functions for the Sega Genesis. Also, memory cards aren't cheap so this would definitely be worth the money to me.

killer-elite
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:34 am
quote : #8
Say if you buy one of these Flash drives ( with the software) and already have a higher capacity one, could you make another flash drive to work on your PS2 with the included software????

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:01 pm
quote : #9
I'm back on the hunt for one of these things still. Has anyone come across a good one?
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:03 am
quote : #10
I still suggest the Action Replay software that lets you transfer saves to a usb flash drive. I've successfully used it to archive saves and grab saves online to unlock content in fighters that I played against my roommate. (We didn't have time to play through the game, but we wanted to have more variety in multiplayer matches.)

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:51 pm
quote : #11
Thanks for the reply Apple. I decided to get a codebreaker v.10 instead though as I wasn't to fond of the pricing I came across for the Action Replay. So far I've transferred a couple saves to my flash drives from it and everything seems to come out all right. Gosh I wish I had this when I first started BOF.

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:57 pm:

I also gotta add how cool this thing is. It really opens up alot of doors into the homebrew community. For example, it took me about four hours, but I've got it set up to where I can view .avi video files, play mp3s, and play Sega/Super NES games. I'm able to launch all this from a flash drive without using any modchip/swap disc hardware as well. Mr. Green