Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 11:49 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just recently got Pool shark 2 for a mega cheap price from ebay Very Happy Odd thing is I cant get online with it and its an odd problem I have not encountered before.

Every time I try and connect I get the message

DNAS error (-402)
A playstation 2 disc information error has occurred.

I did buy the game disc and manual only from the ebay seller it all looks perfectly genuine and my PS2 is not set up to play fake's so I cant imagine its a pirate in anyway. The disc has some wear however I have discs in far far worse condition that work so I am a bit lost. Anyone had anything like this before or can shed any light let me know. Ohh and I have tested, I can get online with my other games as normal.

Laters

EDIT: Just found some information here http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11354#Hardware which says this

"-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

EDIT 7/5/08

Using a program called CDcheck I got the following results. Errors: 0 Warnings: 0 Other: 1. The note for other reads as follows: For at least one file only file readability was tested because no valid hash file was found (code: 54)

Once again if that means anything to anyone let me know. Getting no response from the seller so looking like just a duff buy Sad will be interesting to see if another copy of pool shark 2 reveals the same problem or not.

Laters

I gave this game a extensive clean with some alcohol and after the online mode worked Cool

Laters
Posted:
Sun May 11, 2008 5:26 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Blast wrote:

I gave this game a extensive clean with some alcohol and after the online mode worked Cool

Laters

Excellent, glad you got it to work m8...I guess you have plenty of alcohol lying around to use so thats good Wink Suprised you could spare any though Laughing