Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Turn off AI in the servers.
Reasons:
The AI are retarded.
AI create more lag, no matter how good your server is.
They are a pain in the nic' ta.
Players who play against AI most of the time normally suck badly in non-AI rooms, creating even more noobs.

So could you please turn AI off.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm
quote : #2
Hi,

Thanks for the recommendations. I feel I should clarrify a few things:

Yes I know the AI are retarted. However they fill the void for when human opponents are not playing. They provide more targets to shoot at, and allow for 2 people to play a full match just as easily as 8+ people. SWBF is not like Quake or Unreal. 1vs1 matches in large wide open terrain maps with vehicles can get sort of stale.

We don't refer to players as "sucking badly" or as "noobs". This type of attitude is not welcome here.

People at this community do play competatively, but we also play with honor and respect each other regardless of skill level. At the end of the day the final score is irrelevant. The individual moments and experiences that take place within any given match are what count.

It is in the best interests of this community to leave the AI on in each of our SWBF servers.

-nikon
rank 3
Posted:
Thu May 29, 2008 10:14 pm
quote : #3
Hi LN,

Long time no talk. We are still running our server as are you. Thanks so much.

Our server gets locked down alot these days for some clan battles and we have been sending people to your server when ours is full and/or locked.

One suggestion.

Could you get rid of some of these maps and/or settings.

The clone wars is horrible on alot of the smaller maps.

Also, NABOO maps should never be used nor should RHEN VAR HARBOR. These maps lag horrible and have exploits that malicious users can cause the server to freeze up and completely reset. I won't say how but publicly but you can PM me and I will tell you.

Thanks.
BDV

PS-
Also, I found a great site with stats software for showing server status and info for alot of the games we host. PM me and I will get you that info as well.
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2008 12:55 am
quote : #4
Hey man, I will send a PM to you to talk about some other stuff, and will just reply about your server suggestions to keep this thread on track:

I am assuming you are talking about the original SWBF? What do you mean by the clone wars being "horrible"? Can you be more specific? Are the anomolies you are seeing with small or large player counts? Are you referring to serious lag or simply shot delays or slightly altered player positions forcing you to lead your shot?

Whenever I have played SWBF with my brother, it runs fine.

Now, I understand that clan players tend to get finicky whenever anything starts messing around with their high score. People tend to call every weapon in the game cheap and complain everytime they get killed. So I am very careful about what I choose to change on OC's SWBF servers since they are not for clan matches, but just good solid gaming.

As for the server crashing: Has this been happening regularly on the OC SWBF server? If there are major problems with people cheating, or using exploits to crash the server, I will simply put a password on it and distribute it only via this site.

On SWBF2 I can actually keep a banlist, but there is no option for that in SWBF1 with the server manager I am using. I could ban users who are causing problems, but since so many players call cheats whenever they get killed, this is sort of hard to enforce from the sidelines.