Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
How do I make that Possible? I want to make gameplay footage of some of my old games to compare how my skills went up after playing the modern ones...(ex: I remember playing Armored Core on PS1 and not knowing what to do when it first came out. Now since I got better at it through Armored Core 3(I skipped both AC:2) and then I went back to the first one and then thought that it was way too easy.). If anyone could help me out with this, please do so...

BTW, I already tried straight out recording the screen with my moms Digital Camera and the screen came out dark and some dark lines kept moving down the screen...
Posted:
Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:43 am
quote : #2
The easy option is to use a DVD recorder/player combo. DVDs are pretty cheap now, in addition to the recorders. It's pretty much just plug and play with a DVD recorder. After you are done recording, put the DVD in your PC and fire up Windows Movie Maker/Adobe Premiere Pro to edit your video. Pretty simple stuff.

The slightly more complicated option is to install a capture card in your PC. The install process is virtually identical to installing a new video card. You would record footage much like a DVD recorder then edit it later on.

No matter what option you take, editing video can be very system intensive, especially if you are editing video in HD or you have multiple projects. It can also eat up a ton of hard drive space. We're talking tens of gigabytes depending on the quality and duration. I know Adobe uses a 'scratch' file for storing temporary footage, which can add up quickly. Going with a DVD recorder might be a better option if hard drive space is a concern, though hard drives are crazy cheap these days.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:33 pm
quote : #3
Make sure you have a nice friendly DVD recorder too Very Happy I made a DVD and only my DVD recorder will play it Sad I tried it in my PC, two other consoles and my DVD player and it wont play Rolling Eyes I am pi$$ed about this cus I wanted the sony DVD for my PC but they are never in stock so I bought a different brand. Now my DVD recorder is sony Neutral so no doubt the Sony DVD for PC would have played the disc Crying or Very sad

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm
quote : #4
thanks alot you guys.....I am going to try the DVD one for sure cause I am low on budget after buying a few non-video game related things (range: $150-$200 for like 2-3 items and now I have $20 which is enough for a Gratest Hits...lol))
Posted:
Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:49 pm
quote : #5
Give this a look to. I just bought it myself to make some Battlefield gameplay videos and though I haven't tried it with the VCR, it does work well if plugged into a camcorder/DVD player.

If you get it, beaware of the video sizes to. A 10 minute transferred video could be around 400 MB.