Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:02 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi all

Can anyone suggest a good website or forum that caters for PS2 repairs? I have a few PS2's that need repairing and I thought it might be better to have all the information from one good source rather than looking for it all in random places. I am 0% experienced in PS2 repairs sadly so starting from scratch. Any helpful threads here from the past too Smile

Problems I have to be fixed if possible. Fat PS2 no power at all, Slim PS2 no power at all, 2 x fat ps2 wont read discs (both say no data).

Laters
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:56 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
on the ones that won't read discs is it both blue and normal discs? i do not own a PS2 but i often talk with a shop owner who fixes PS2s. he told me that this is sometimes from the laser being no good. but sometimes it can be adjusted to correct the problem. he says that inside there is a adjuster for the blue discs and one for the normal discs. and sometimes the systems will not read blue but they will read the rest. including CDs and ps1 games.

try a PS1 game if it will read you may only need to adjust the laser.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:34 pm
quote : #3
gary_b wrote:
on the ones that won't read discs is it both blue and normal discs? i do not own a PS2 but i often talk with a shop owner who fixes PS2s. he told me that this is sometimes from the laser being no good. but sometimes it can be adjusted to correct the problem. he says that inside there is a adjuster for the blue discs and one for the normal discs. and sometimes the systems will not read blue but they will read the rest. including CDs and ps1 games.

try a PS1 game if it will read you may only need to adjust the laser.

I dont know, I only tried PS2 games. Ive actually already fixed one Mr. Green I just went for it by myself with no guidance, opened it up found and cleaned the lens and hey presto it loaded a PS2 game. I also noticed a ribbon was not connected so I reconnected it but that may have been me that disconnected it in the first place when i popped it open. Anyway, 1 down 3 to go. I'll bear in mind what you have said when I try cleaning the laser on the next one that does not read discs.

Laters