Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
Blacksmith
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:30 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Alright, I'm an old-time AC lover. I remember the first time I rented the first game at a now-long gone rental store and loved it and most of the sequels, but eventually as my taste in games evolved, I became less attracted to AC. Moreso because I became quite acute to using the analogy stick controls for games such as tribes aerial assault and pretty much any other console FPS game. So now I'm contemplating on if I want to get one of these games because I remember reading a review that one of the games finally introduced the analogy controls, but I don't know which one. If it's Last Raven, I'm definitely grabbing myself a copy. If not, which AC game9s) does have these controls?

Thanks.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:37 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dual Analog support can be found in Armored Core Nexus, Nine Breaker, and Last Raven.

If you have been away from AC for a while, Last Raven might be hard to get into. The game was designed as a swan song AC game on the PS2, specifically targetted at Armored Core veterans. The single player campaign is very difficult. Since unlocking parts and earning cash to buy parts requires playing the single player.

I would almost recommend getting Nine Breaker instead. You get more parts to start out with in that game, and its entire single player is Training Exercises, so it will teach you rather quickly how to build and control AC's.

However which one you buy sort of depends on opportunity and price. Often times these games can go for a bit more money depending on when and where you can buy it.